Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Drilled Air Box

tsportkid

Wanted a typhoon kit but cant afford it at the moment, so decided to drill the air box with two inch dia holes near where the intake is. Have removed the restrictive intake pipe and fitted a k and n panel filter. Must say its made quite a difference to the performance and quite happy with the sound. Anybody else noticed that sometimes the cts flies and sometimes it feels a little off. Noticed this before I removed the pipe and fitted the filter. Any ideas as I think its down to the Iridium plugs, I am going to replace with the silver tipped ones at £9.95 each. :D

Welcome to the club :thumbsup: !

The difference is probably down to the temperature of the air/weather.

On a hot day a car is slow but on a cold night it fly's like ubik ;) !

It's the only good thing about it being cold :P !

Welcome :thumbsup:

You say some days it feels 'off' do you always run on V-Power/BP Ultimate etc??

Hey guys,

I feel that too from time to time. im running basically a stock car but with a Blitz sonic power air intake, and always use BP ultimate because despite what anyone every tells me i CAN feel the difference.

Ive pinned it down to purely atmospehic conditions, warm days and (more particularly) humid days will make the car feel more sluggish. a cold crisp night run home will definately feel a lot quicker nimbler and more responsive.

Think this affects every car though not just the CTS engine. dont think its your plugs though.

Welcome :thumbsup:

You say some days it feels 'off' do you always run on V-Power/BP Ultimate etc??

yes always using v power for the last couple of months now

Welcome to the club :thumbsup:

We used to drill the airboxes on the Capri 2.8i years back and it always made a good difference.

The only thing you have to watch out for is that it can suck warm air from the engine bay so it may work better if you could duct it towards the hole on the inner wing :)

bigfiiish have you try adjust the filter shield it does make a different from hot day's to cold day's.

On a similar theme, can anybody tell me where I can get a K&N panel filter from.

I am assuming it is the same part for the CTS and Compressor?

For about the same price of a new k&n panel filter i have a TOM's Super Ram II panel filter made only for the 2ZZ-GE and is ready to be send ,i purchase back in march it has only use for about 2 month's this year around april to june and out of that 2 month's of use it cover only 700 mile's,it is AS GOOD AS NEW best panel filter you gonna get for your 2ZZ-GE and it is re-useable after 60k of use,you will NOT invaild your toyota warrenty no need to take it out when you go in for service as TOM'S part are like TRD they made official Sport's part's for toyota and lexus motor's in japan.

check here for information - http://www.tomsracing.co.jp/e/product/engine_air.htm

if you want i can take some hi-res digital photo's of the condition the filter for you to look at before you decide and you will see you are buying airfilter is good as new,it will be a real shame if there isn't a tsport owner from here take it off my hand.

ONLY PM me if you are ready to buy a airfilter i wont wait month's or year's for anybody to save up i will sell to whoever pay's first.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links