Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Easy Are Car Decals To Remove?

Angelicevil

I'm thinking about putting up on decals/graphics on my car however given that my car will probably be given to my partner in three years time and he wants a completely different design on it I was wondering how easy these are removed should one decide to take them off? Also, what is the best way to do it?

All depends on the type of material you use. The Vynil i used to do the Castrol decals on my GT4 came off without any problems at all and didnt leave any marks. But with a sponge, some soapy water and a bit of elbow grease im sure nothing will cause too much problem in removal.

dependin on the size. i use a bucket of pretty warm water and a sponge and sponge hot water onto the decal. this them softens up the glue and they should peel off easily

if the above fails or is to hard, which it would be on stickers left on for few years. use a hair dryer to warm them up and off they come. thats what i do when i buy ex company vans and de sticker them before selling them on :thumbsup:

Thanks guys for the info. I didn't want to start putting stuff on my car if it wasn't going to be easy to remove once in a while! Especially with my other half planning a whole Transformers Decepticon OTT hood decal and "die Autobot scum" on the side - thankfully this will be in three years time when I'll pass the car on to him! :lol:

There might not be any sticky stuff left when they are taken off but they will protect the paint from sunlight and leave a different shade after removal :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links