Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dashboard Reflection

carday

does anyone know of any product that will remove the shine OFF the dashboard so that it wont reflect onto the windscreen when driving into the sun B) :blink::blink:

I suffer from the same thing. I think this is a design fault, all to do with windscreen and dashboard angles with respect to the driver's eye level. In none of the cars I have driven so far I have noticed so much windscreen glare. I have tried to get rid off the shine by cleaning the dashboard with a matt finish cleaner, but all to no avail. Maybe the solution is to use an anti reflection dashboard cover, like this one for Honda civic: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=130034537950. But I don't think they are available for Avensis. Here is a business opportunity!

Haven't noticed it as a problem myself.

The dash is quite dark.

I've driven a car which has a light cream interior, cream leather, cream dashboard and THAT dash causes a lot of reflections being a light colour.

I notice reflections normally when I've left a white parking sticker or my car park pass on the dash. Generally for dark dashboards it's not much of a problem for me. When I took a test drive in my Avensis the dealer's trade plate was put onto the dash and that caused a very distracting reflection in the window (being white)

• 1 year later...

I have an 05 Avalon with the same problem... big time glare (reflection of dashboard in drivers front window) anytime the sun comes in the window. I have seen some Velour dash covers at Autoanything.com for $37... Has anybody found a cure for this glare problem or tried one of these velour pads?

• 2 months later...
does anyone know of any product that will remove the shine OFF the dashboard so that it wont reflect onto the windscreen when driving into the sun B) :blink::blink:

Gently wipe the dashboard with a dry synthetic lambswool mitt: the dashboard will become evenly matt.

pure-sheepskin-grooming-mitt.jpg

I've suffered from this problem in several cars that I have owned, and being a miser I have found that a 12" square of black felt stuck on top of the dashboard (costs about £1) with double sided sticky tape cures the problem admirably.

It might not look so good from the outside, but when driving towards the sun, its like looking a clear square hole in an otherwise almost opaque windscreen (due to the glare on the rest of it). :eek:

• 5 years later...

I have tried a few cleaning products without success but I finally found a product that works extremely well. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (original) www.mrclean.com works for me. So easy, just wet and wring out the damp sponge and gently go over the whole dash board areas that are shiny and the shine is removed. The sponge picks up a lot of the shine so you will need to rinse it out a few times. Very gentle, I didn't think it would work, was I fooled.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links