Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Have You Got To Do To Get Football Tickets?

ferrariboyuk

Hi

Any tips on how the hell you can buy football tickets without wasting 4 hours of your morning is appreciated. Two months in a row and i've failed in my attempt to get through to the ticket office for liverpool fc. Keep booking time off work as well. All i got at 1pm on wednesday was.....'tickets for liverpool v Aston Villa have now sold out, you have been charged for this call. :crybaby:

Just thought I'd share my bitter disappointment with you all.

DOM

You should try getting England tickets instead, not much demand for them at the moment.

It's shocking the way football ticketing is run now. I remember when you could just turn up and pay - no problem. All this pre-booking is a pain and takes all the spontaneity out of life.

You should try getting England tickets instead, not much demand for them at the moment.

It's shocking the way football ticketing is run now. I remember when you could just turn up and pay - no problem. All this pre-booking is a pain and takes all the spontaneity out of life.

I can just turn up and pay!!! No waiting for me at all - I'm a Torquay fan though so never much demand for our tickets :crybaby:

Come and support my boys, we need all the support we can get!!!

It's a bit far for me, but it's a similar scene at the Boro lately !

I hate all this pre-book thing though. You can go to Argos to buy something only to find that they have several in stock, but they are all reserved for someone else . That's wrong ! Same at the cinema. you can't just turn up anymore and guarantee you'll see the film.

I work every Saturday, so there is no point in me buying a season ticket, even although there is a rather large queue for to get descent seats.

I tried to get tickets for the Champions League matches, they were only available as a 3 match package (which wasn't a problem) but they were only available to season tickets holders at 1st (all 50,000 of them), then Celtic One members if there was any left... after that there would be a public sale.

Unfortunately Celtic One members couldn't get any and there was no public sale of tickets either, so i missed out going a long to see Celtic in Europe along with 60,000 other supporters.... and there lies the problem... a 60,000 all seated stadium which is full to the rafters at every home match (very common for Celtic Park to have had the largest crowd in the UK) not a hope in hells chance of getting a ticket for a league game, never mind a European game.

Still.. i wouldn't change my team, no matter what, but it would be good to be able to go and see them every now and again.. a pre-season friendly against lower class opposition such as Everton (sorry mate.. you know who you are :lol:) or Sunderland just isn't the same. If any of you get the chance to go to a Celtic v's Rangers game, i would highly recommend it... best game in the world by far.

LOL. I have managed an england friendly actually. That was down to a mate though, he must have had contacts. It was the the game before the Jamaica game. I saw the jamaican team pulling up in their coach.

Yeah, i'm with you there on the booking system. It makes like hard. I have to give a months notice for holiday then i can only get tickets 18 days before the game! Now i have to wait 3 days before it for anys cancellations.

Pressing redial about 50 times in a minute just isn't enough to get through. Talk about repetitive strain injury!

LOL. I have managed an england friendly actually. That was down to a mate though, he must have had contacts. It was the the game before the Jamaica game. I saw the jamaican team pulling up in their coach.

Yeah, i'm with you there on the booking system. It makes like hard. I have to give a months notice for holiday then i can only get tickets 18 days before the game! Now i have to wait 3 days before it for anys cancellations.

Pressing redial about 50 times in a minute just isn't enough to get through. Talk about repetitive strain injury!

As a fellow red, I know the feeling. I've tried many a time to get tickets and never managed it.

You never know though - once we get the new stadium, maybe they will be a few more tickets available for non-season ticket holders .... pah, who am I kidding!

Yeah, having got a season ticket it doesn't really affect me because the tickets for all the league games are effectively bought in advance & then for the cup games I get a couple of days to buy the ticket for my seat before the fan club members get to buy tickets & then they go on general sale for every1 else, so I just phone up the box office while I'm on my dinner & pay a quid extra & I'm sorted.

I did almost balls up the Luton match though, I didn't realise they'd been on sale til they were on sale to the fan club members, what was stupid though was although I knew I couldn't guarantee my normal seat I assumed I'd still be able to get priority with my season ticket but it was only the fan club members who could get them. Luckily for me though my brother's a member so I got his details off him & booked 1 reasonably close to my normal seat.

The worst situation I've been in was the Villareal tickets shambles, I'd been in Chester with my dad sorting the transfer of my plate & was just getting to the tunnel on my way to work, when my dad got a phone call saying the tickets had just gone on sale, no priority & there were massive queues at Goodison. I had to go so got my dad to drive straight there, jumped out of the car in baking sun with no preperation (no food, drink or entertainment & was in my office clothes) & into the queue. 6 & a half hours later I got my ticket, annoyed, sunburned but feeling it was worth it. The next day after understandable complaints from absolutely loads of people, season ticket holders got priority on the rest of the tickets, so I might as well not have bothered queueing up :ffs:

Oh, and Mr Everton-are-lower-class-opposition, I think you'll find that both Man Utd & The Gunners (!Removed! swear filter) are both from the UK (despite The Gunners' French tendencies) & have both got a higher average attendance that Celtic's highest attendance this season :P

Edited by Kev Mc

Imagine supporting the biggest team in the Conference when 2000 supporters want to go to a game and there are only 700 tickets.

We have outnumbered home fans a number of times this season which is just embarrassing.

What's worse is many of our games are getting moved to midweek and as I have to get up at 4 in the morning it's a nightmare.

(very common for Celtic Park to have had the largest crowd in the UK)

I think you'll find that both Man Utd & The Gunners (!Removed! swear filter) are both from the UK (despite The Gunners' French tendencies) & have both got a higher average attendance that Celtic's highest attendance this season :P

Well Mr Everton I think you'll find if Man Utd play away from home and we (Celtic) play at home we'll have the biggest crowd in the UK. I'd also be willing to bet we've got a higher average attendance than The Gunners this season. :)

Davy, what Celtic need to do is knock down the Main Stand and finish the stadium off so it's the same height all the way around, we might be able to get a ticket then if we're lucky! :thumbsup:

I think you'll find that both Man Utd & The Gunners (!Removed! swear filter) are both from the UK

I see your point mate..........The swear filter needs updating. How it lets you say 'Man Utd' is shocking. Children could be reading this !!! what sort of example are we setting ?????? :ffs:

Ryan.. the plans for Celtic Park were to put another tier on top of the main stand, bringing the capacity upto 80,000.. the work was part of the original plans for the stadium and is supposed to start at the end of this season.. but nothing has been said about this recently, so i don't know if it will happen.

Mr.Everton Kev (no offence meant.. i only at the windup ;)).. I wasn't taking AVERAGE gate into account, how can Celtic compete on an average gate when we have teams like Falkirk, Kilmarnock and Aberdeen to play every other week?.. so tell me what other club in the UK regularly play at home in front of 59,000 - 60,000 fans? (made up of the home support only)

For the record, in season 2005 - 2006 Celtics average attendance was 58,150... making them 2nd only to Man UTD in terms of average attendance for any UK football club.

Old Trafford total capacity: 68217

Celtic Park total capacity : 60,832

Ryan.. the plans for Celtic Park were to put another tier on top of the main stand, bringing the capacity upto 80,000.. the work was part of the original plans for the stadium and is supposed to start at the end of this season.. but nothing has been said about this recently, so i don't know if it will happen.

Mr.Everton Kev (no offence meant.. i only at the windup ;)).. I wasn't taking AVERAGE gate into account, how can Celtic compete on an average gate when we have teams like Falkirk, Kilmarnock and Aberdeen to play every other week?.. so tell me what other club in the UK regularly play at home in front of 59,000 - 60,000 fans? (made up of the home support only)

For the record, in season 2005 - 2006 Celtics average attendance was 58,150... making them 2nd only to Man UTD in terms of average attendance for any UK football club.

Old Trafford total capacity: 68217

Celtic Park total capacity : 60,832

Lol, I know the drill, I absolutely love football banter so didn't take any offence whatsoever.

Yeah, that's a fair point, I can't imagine the likes of Motherwell selling their full allocation of tickets, there have been plenty of games at Goodison where there were only a few home tickets left but the away end has been empty

Just for the record though, The Gunners have averaged 59981 this season, Celtic's highest is 59341 so far (see HERE).

Rich, have a word will you? You've got power now, if a young kid reads this & tells his mum or dad it could cause no end of trouble :lol:

They have a bigger staduim now.. is it full? i don't know the capacity.

If you take into account segregation, and the need for empty seats and if Celtic had a bigger stadium, i would 100% guarantee you that Celtic would have the biggest average (as long as Man UTD don't build a bigger staduim :lol:)... Celtic (like a few other clbs as well) could fill there stadium twice over with the right opposition... just look what happened in the EUFA cup final a few seasons ago.. it was the largest amount of fans to ever travel to a euro final since records began... over 80,00 in Seville itself and a total of 250,000 estimated fans went to Spain.

Any excuse for a picture of the Bhoys :)

celticend.gif

seville_30.000.jpg

pregame.gif

All those fans.. and only 2 arrests, and that was 2 brothers at each other... also, it was the first time that the Fair Play award went to the supporters instead of a club.. iirc.

:lol::lol::lol:

Can't beat a bit of football banter :)

Celtic will always get huge crowds.

It's not really fair to compare them to Man Utd though, as the Man U fans have the added disadvantage of having to travel 200 miles each way to attend the home games ! :D :lol:

the work was part of the original plans for the stadium and is supposed to start at the end of this season

No chance, Fergus is long gone! :)

I loved being in Seville while Rangers fans were watching The Bill! :D

Celtic will always get huge crowds.

It's not really fair to compare them to Man Utd though, as the Man U fans have the added disadvantage of having to travel 200 miles each way to attend the home games ! :D :lol:

...Must...resist... :!Removed!:

Aaaarrrggghhh, can't

*Breaks into chorus of "Have you ever seen a scouser in the Kop"*

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links