Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

60k Service, Wheres My Money Going?

BigJon84

So my Lovelly Yaris T-Sport needs a 60k service. I ring up and get told its £200. I was expecting this as i thought it would be a major service.

When i asked what i get for this i was informed that it had extra checks than normal but no extra part changes. I asked for a price breakdown and turns out approx £100 labour and £100 parts.

The only parts i was told were used are oil, and oil filter and an air filter. Thats some expensive filters!!!!

Can anyone tell me what exactly should be done on this service? i was thinking a timing belt change but my dealer said it was not needed as it is a chain drive.

Any input would be appreciated so that i know i am not getting ripped off. Thanks guys

I cant remember off hand but your handbook gives the brake down of everything checked or changed at each service interval, worth having a quick read.

My car recently went past 30k, I've had it since it was just over 4 years old. Should my car have had the equivalent service when it reached a certain age? I'm thinking the services should be done at 10k, 20k & 30k or 1 year, 2 years & 3 years, depending on what comes 1st, is this right or is it due 1?

My car recently went past 30k, I've had it since it was just over 4 years old. Should my car have had the equivalent service when it reached a certain age? I'm thinking the services should be done at 10k, 20k & 30k or 1 year, 2 years & 3 years, depending on what comes 1st, is this right or is it due 1?

Its due a service every 10,000 miles or 1 year (from date of first registration), whichever comes first.

So like me, even though my car had done 6,000 miles at 12 months, I still had to have it serviced.

So it should have had 4 services when you got it and you keeping it serviced every subsequent year you've had it, as it is obviously fairly low mileage. If that makes sense to you.... :thumbsup:

Its due a service every 10,000 miles or 1 year (from date of first registration), whichever comes first.

So like me, even though my car had done 6,000 miles at 12 months, I still had to have it serviced.

So it should have had 4 services when you got it and you keeping it serviced every subsequent year you've had it, as it is obviously fairly low mileage. If that makes sense to you.... :thumbsup:

Yeah, that's what I thought, thanks

So my Lovelly Yaris T-Sport needs a 60k service. I ring up and get told its £200. I was expecting this as i thought it would be a major service.

Local dealers here want £268 for a 20,000 service :ffs: yet yours is less money for a higher mileage service - I've found another place who can do it for £120 thankfully...but I am really shocked :o

Dealerships carry out services following manufacturers guidelines which mean in theory it is Mr T who dictate how much labour is charged and how much the parts cost, in practice Dealerships now if they can do it sooner and will discount parts at request depending on how their budget is doing for the month, although a full Toyota Dealer Service History will add some price to the resale of the car any FSH from any VAT registered garage will add the same value....

if you look at your service book, it will tell you what stuff needs changing and when.

For a petrol engine, according to the book the timing belt needs changing after 100,000 miles. 60,000 for diesel.

if you look at your service book, it will tell you what stuff needs changing and when.

For a petrol engine, according to the book the timing belt needs changing after 100,000 miles. 60,000 for diesel.

AFAIK the petrol version does not have a timing belt...................it has a chain

• 3 weeks later...

If your car is out of warranty buy the genuine parts and get a trusted local mechanic to do the service.

My Mechanic only charges 25 for the labour which includes a full brake stripdown (dealers only inspect these days)

• 2 weeks later...

1) Just checking if my account is still live; and

2) my Yaris is approaching 123,456 miles just over 4 years old still going flat out!

1) Just checking if my account is still live; and

2) my Yaris is approaching 123,456 miles just over 4 years old still going flat out!

Wow ..... I think that is the highest on here :thumbsup:

Good to hear all is well ;) !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links