Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2008 New Aygo To Usa

Chaliel

I would love one just as the picture looks. However, it does look very much like the new Yaris. Those vents in the back are very cool though.

Hehe that looks very cool. Vents at the back, only two seats. Could we see a mid engined rear wheel drive Aygo? Now that would be even cooler.

Firstly, that's a rather poor artist's impression. Secondly, all it needs is gull-wing doors and an over-sized spoiler, and it'd look like cars are supposed to look in 2025 or something.

Also, it might be the poor drawing, but is it a bit smaller than the 2005/6 model?

New emission laws in the US will mean that the Diesel version will be almost out of the question. Even VW group are withdrawing their Diesel models in the US, as they haven't yet introduced a suitable new engine.

Looking at the artist impression, the US Aygo will have different front styling (it will be similar to the 2nd generation Yaris and the new Auris), slighly different doors and more importantly no rear seating. Softer suspension will also be required, so I would expect that ESP would be fitted as standard. I predict a dual VVTi version of the 3 cylinder engine or a 1.4 Yaris engine will be fitted, possibly with a CVT transmission option (Having previously owned a CVT, this is something I would definately be interested in).

Sounds like if the restyled version does hit European showrooms in 2008, it will be just about the time I may consider changing my existing Aygo. I hope it doesn't loose its edge or gain too much weight.

My question is whether Toyota could be tempted to launch the saloon version of the Yaris in Europe? I saw one in Boston the other day and it was rather hansome. I know some parts of (mainly eastern) Europe still like saloon cars, so it has some potential market.

New emission laws in the US will mean that the Diesel version will be almost out of the question. Even VW group are withdrawing their Diesel models in the US, as they haven't yet introduced a suitable new engine.

Not entirley true.

http://www.greencarcongress.com/2006...chry.html#more

BMW, DaimlerChrysler and Volkswagen to Team on BLUETEC for the US

7 October 2006

Automobilewoche reports that Volkswagen and its premium Audi unit, BMW and DaimlerChrysler’s Mercedes-Benz will all use the BLUETEC system developed by Mercedes-Benz and Bosch to meet US Tier 2 Bin 5 requirements for diesel light-duty vehicles starting in 2008.

Volkswagen and DaimlerChrysler have already confirmed the arrangement; BMW and DaimlerChrysler reportedly will finalize details on 12 October.

BLUETEC is a technology framework for the reduction of NOx emissions to the level required by US Tier 2/Bin 5 / California LEV II emissions requirements—the world’s most stringent. The current Tier 2 Bin 5 solution under development is a urea-SCR system that relies on the use of AdBlue—an aqueous urea solution.

Injection of the AdBlue urea solution into the pre-cleaned exhaust gas releases ammonia (NH3), causing the nitrogen oxides to be converted into nitrogen (and water) in a downstream catalytic converter.

“We may not permit that this critical technology [i.e., diesel] for the US is bad-mouthed,” explains a insider. “The German automakers with their competence in diesel must go there together,” says an AUDI manager—also because of Japanese success with hybrids [there].

And it looks like Honda is going diesel in the US too. :D

http://world.honda.com/news/2006/c060925DieselEngine/

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...PStory/Business

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links