Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Does This Do?

AJB

didn't notice that when I changed my gearstick the other week.

maybe for an alarm if you can get a seperate alarm from toyota for the lower model yarii

Educated guess:

Something to do with the sat nav if you have it fitted,

or

Something to do with the alarm (T Sport has a flashing LED in that area)

Im fairly sure sat nav isnt installed unless it is, as standard on a 51 plate GLS.

My flashing alarm bit is just above the tape player. Can just see it in this piccy:

IMG_2263.jpg

Im fairly sure sat nav isnt installed unless it is, as standard on a 51 plate GLS.

My flashing alarm bit is just above the tape player. Can just see it in this piccy:

That flashing red button by security is the Security Indicator Light. It's there to show that the car is protected i.e it has an immobiliser.

Sat Nav isnt fitted as standard on the Yarii.

Let try to explain a little clearer...

It may be there in case you want to fit the Toyota sat nav.

The flashing LED on the dash is to show that the immobiliser is active, all Yaris’ have this

The T Sport has another LED in that area. It may be associated with that?

I can't think of anything else that it could be :wacko:

Let try to explain a little clearer...

It may be there in case you want to fit the Toyota sat nav.

The flashing LED on the dash is to show that the immobiliser is active, all Yaris’ have this

The T Sport has another LED in that area. It may be associated with that?

I can't think of anything else that it could be :wacko:

That was what I was going to say....

Just because its loose doesnt mean its wrong - it could be for anything additional that Toyota might add at a later date.

Another one I thought was reverse parking sensors.... you stick it in reverse and that cable is then used to activate the sensors.... just a thought though

Is it not to do with the arming of the airbags in the seats?? just another thought. A. Bradley might know if it is or not.. he just put T-Sport seats in his D4D.

Another one I thought was reverse parking sensors.... you stick it in reverse and that cable is then used to activate the sensors.... just a thought though

That's what I think it's for :thumbsup: !

Is it not to do with the arming of the airbags in the seats??

The connections are under the seat's for the airbags etc

Its nothing to do with reverse sensors. These are normaly conected to the loom just behind the rear lights. I would not worry about the un-connected plugs. Theres dozens of them if you know where to look. They all do different things in different models.

Thanks for all the replys. Do you think it may be possible to power an amp off it at all rather than directly off the battery?

No :huh:

Have you seen how thin those wires are?

They have to be for a low voltage extra...

The amp requires a direct link to the Battery, and its the current you have to worry about not the voltage ;) :rolleyes:

that plugs more than likely for if the autospaz gearbox if fitted, the loom is mostly generic in the yaris but just has the relevant things connected

So is there no where else in the car i can power the amp from? I always worry about cutting one of the other wires if i were to push the power cable through that rubber thing!

no, the amps live input MUST have a direct (and fused) connection and use good 8 or 4 gauge (AWG) wire, depending on the application and power of your amp

you wont damage the loom going through that grommit if you go to one side as the main loom goes through the middle and has some pretty heavy duty sheathing wrapped around it

tried tested and prooven by many folks who have fitted such equipment ;)

I have mine temporarily run underneath the car with no problems as i had HUGE trouble trying to get the cable through the grommet which comes out behind the passenger airbag unit! Though i was fitting it by myself so probably needed someone on the other side to feed it through. The point is i have had this temporary solution running for about 3 months without any problems and a lot of miles in all conditions! Aslong as the wire is tucked up out of the way it is pretty safe as very insulated! I passed it down from the Battery and up through a grommet in the floor of the passenger footwell. Just a thought!

Just hope you aint got it near any brake pipe or fuel pipe Woody.

I once new a guy that used to fit twin electrics tow bars. He used to run a cable to the towbar from the Battery and tie strap it to the brake pipes underneath the car. Yes you guessed it. The cable shorted out, melted through the brake pipe. The guy who`s car it was saw smoke bellowing from underneath the car, went to brake, and found it very had to stop!!

Lol no i made sure it ran a clean path between the Battery and the passengers footwell! Tbh it isn't even a far journey! Cheers for the concern anyway and good point for anyone else to note!

Is it not to do with the arming of the airbags in the seats??

The connections are under the seat's for the airbags etc

'Tis true. The airbag cables are very distinctive with bright yellow ends and come out from the floor. In any case, I don't think that airbags were available for that model. If it was meant to have them then the airbag light on the dash would be flashing (that may well be the voice of experience there ;) )

I think its do do with the flashing LED for the Toyota Alarm myself, but if everythig on the car seems to be working fine then I wouldn't worry myself with it...

:thumbsup:

Alan

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links