Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Problems Removing The Centre Console Of An E12

mervingiblet

I'm trying to get the left hand side bulb out from behind the heating controls to replace it. This is what I have done so far:

Taken the ashtray out

Removed the gear stick surround

Unscrewed the 2 screws at the bottom of the console

Unscrewed the screw behind the centre knob

Pulled the console forward from the bottom

I can get the centre console removed from the housing by about an inch, but it feels as if it's attached to something still. Maybe a cable or something. It feels like if I pull it any more somehting will snap.

Any ideas?

There are clips on both sides from the bottom to the top. There should be enough slack in the cable for you to be able to pull it out enough to unclip it.

It sounds to me that it's still clipped in at the top :thumbsup: !

If I remember correctly the cables are at the top of the unit, but I also remember that the 1st time I had to give it a good yank :thumbsup: !

Hi there!

If I remember corectly As Dave wrote there are many clips even at the upper end.maybe you haven;t uncliped them,it seems impossible that the cable is not long enough,except if there is something stoping it from moving.

I would proceed with a mirror and a flashlight with much caution...

Good luck! :thumbsup:

I actually got the centre console out today. I can see the blown bulb but I cant get it out as it's inside a white plastic casing and my fingers are way too small to reach in to unscrew it.

Any ideas on how to get the bulb out?

I actually got the centre console out today. I can see the blown bulb but I cant get it out as it's inside a white plastic casing and my fingers are way too small to reach in to unscrew it.

Any ideas on how to get the bulb out?

When I was wiring machine panels they also had these small lamps that were a bugger to replace, just not enough of the lamp showing, we had a sprical tool for the job which was basically a piece of rubber tube, it just pushed onto the lamp and gripped it enough to turn it so maybe have a look around for something along these lines to grip and turn the lamp.

Zetor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links