Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Distraught

Lee_G

Hi guys,

just found out today that the plans I had for my beloooooved T sport (detailed below) cant go through - my insurer doesnt want to know. According to their policy... drivers under the age of 25 cannot make any after market modifications to their cars without voiding the insurance..........

The car in itself I am really happy with - I just feel that these mods would have made me more happy :crybaby:

Any of you guys expierenced the same problem????

By the way I'm 22 with 1.3 years NCD whatever the .3 means.

Wishlist: 18" rims, TTE lowering springs, TTE twin sports silencer, K& N Typhoon induction kit.

Try Adrian Flux thats who im insured with covered all mods including 17"alloys, Coilovers and a K&N Typhoon kit all for 690 quid but im 26 with 6yrs NCB, and if they give u a silly quote online phone them and give off cause they originally quoted me at £1060 just a slight difference. Btw im in N.Ireland if you were thinkin thats expensive

Try Adrian Flux thats who im insured with covered all mods including 17"alloys, Coilovers and a K&N Typhoon kit all for 690 quid but im 26 with 6yrs NCB, and if they give u a silly quote online phone them and give off cause they originally quoted me at £1060 just a slight difference. Btw im in N.Ireland if you were thinkin thats expensive

Try Routen and Chaplin in Nottingham

They are cheap!

TTE lowering springs, TTE twin sports silencer

I would have thought you would be able to have these 2 items fitted without the need to declare them as they are available on the SR model as standard and are supplied/fitted by a Toyota Dealer.

TTE lowering springs, TTE twin sports silencer

I would have thought you would be able to have these 2 items fitted without the need to declare them as they are available on the SR model as standard and are supplied/fitted by a Toyota Dealer.

I was hoping someone would mention that - in terms of the TTE products though they would still be performance enhacing would't they so i would have expected insurers to kick up a fuss.

Has anyone fitted any of these products - what was your expierence in terms of insurance.

many thanks

Well I just went onto Mr Ts website and grabbed the license plates of a corolla SR and a corolla T-Spirit and put them both through an insurance quote with the company I'm currently with and the price difference was....... nothing. Both quotes came back identically priced and it definitely recognised them as being an SR and a T-Spirit.

Make of that what you want....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links