Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I've Fitted A New Head Unit But......

homershairdo

Thanks to the excellent guides in on the site, I was able to fit a Alpine CDA-9847R CD player into my X Reg Yaris - and I have to say it looks good - I'll post some pictures once I've cleaned it!

BUT

I can't fit anything into the back of the player - I went into Halfrauds, got a few blank looks, and came away with the wrong thing!

Can anyone help - what cable do I need? Is it a double DIN, is it a ISO connecter - I have no idea!!

Cheers in advance!!

Ian

Thanks to the excellent guides in on the site, I was able to fit a Alpine CDA-9847R CD player into my X Reg Yaris - and I have to say it looks good - I'll post some pictures once I've cleaned it!

BUT

I can't fit anything into the back of the player - I went into Halfrauds, got a few blank looks, and came away with the wrong thing!

Can anyone help - what cable do I need? Is it a double DIN, is it a ISO connecter - I have no idea!!

Cheers in advance!!

Ian

(Admin Please let me know if I am violating this forum's policy for posting up eBay links... as I am still a new member :thumbsup: )

Ian, you will need one of these ISO connectors:

c1_1_b.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-ISO-Wiring-Lo...1QQcmdZViewItem

the ISO plugs (the brown and black bit) plug into your new CD player and 2 of the plugs from the original Toyota player plugs into the same harness (the white bit).

The remaining toyota plug is connected back to the original player.

Then you are sorted :)

What YarisGLS posted is spot on, but you can also pick them up from Halfords, thats where got mine. They were on the same peg as a Daihatsu, so just look for one and you should find one.

BUT

Cheers in advance!!

Ian

(Admin Please let me know if I am violating this forum's policy for posting up eBay links... as I am still a new member :thumbsup: )

Ian, you will need one of these ISO connectors:

c1_1_b.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-ISO-Wiring-Lo...1QQcmdZViewItem

the ISO plugs (the brown and black bit) plug into your new CD player and 2 of the plugs from the original Toyota player plugs into the same harness (the white bit).

The remaining toyota plug is connected back to the original player.

Then you are sorted :)

Cheers for the help - but I am confused! (Collective groan from the forum....) :P

It looks too big to fit into the back of my stereo - it looks as if there is only a single 16 pin connector in the back of the unit - how does this all fit together???

And baby yari - I meant the inside of my car - nothing worse than posting your first picture with a manky footbay....!!

Ian, that 16 pin behind your head unit is the ISO connection of your particular head unit. There should be a connector that comes with your head unit which plugs into that. And from that connector, you have the ISO connection. If you haven't got that, you better ask the guy/ place who sold you the head unit.

BTW, if you are worried you are getting the wrong harness, why don't you show the headunit to the staff at Halfords?

For your record here is something that may be useful to you:

Owners Manual: http://www.restricted.alpine-electronics.c...DA-9847R_EN.pdf

Ian, that 16 pin behind your head unit is the ISO connection.... the black and brown plugs in the photo I showed you have 8 pins in each of them....

The plug you see from the head unit seems big is just because the two plugs are stacked on top of eachother....

Cheers again!!

I think the problem is that I am missing the actual power cable that fits into the back of the stereo, which then fits into the ISO cable. Does that make sense?? I had an old goodmans one in there, which has this extra cable. :blink:

I have a question too('cause I'll buy also an Alpine soon).

After I fit the 2 connectors (black and brown) in the new HU, and 2 of the toyota connectors to the white ones (how many connectors does have the standard radio anyway?) will I'll still be able to use the original radio? I mean, I still want to use that computer, the thermometer and the clock.

Cheers again!!

I think the problem is that I am missing the actual power cable that fits into the back of the stereo, which then fits into the ISO cable. Does that make sense?? I had an old goodmans one in there, which has this extra cable. :blink:

Ian, I have edited the post just now, please see it again :thumbsup:

And you are right, I think you are missing the power connector from the package.

Good luck with the fitting! :D

After I fit the 2 connectors (black and brown) in the new HU, and 2 of the toyota connectors to the white ones (how many connectors does have the standard radio has anyway?) will I'll still be able to use the original radio? I mean, I still want to use that computer, the thermometer and the clock.

The clock, the temperature display and mpg display will still works, but the original tape/ CD player will not.

There are 3 connectors in the orignal wiring, 2 will go to the new HU and 1 will remain in the existing Toyota unit. Hope it helps! :thumbsup:

Ian, I have edited the post just now, please see it again :thumbsup:

And you are right, I think you are missing the power connector from the package.

Good luck with the fitting! :D

YarisGLS - thanks for all the help - I'll have to try and buy one - I downloaded the same manual the other day, but it's about as much use as a chocolate fire guard!! I think I've just bought the right thing from eBay but no idea until it comes!!

Thanks again mate, much appreciated!! :thumbsup:

After I fit the 2 connectors (black and brown) in the new HU, and 2 of the toyota connectors to the white ones (how many connectors does have the standard radio anyway?) will I'll still be able to use the original radio? I mean, I still want to use that computer, the thermometer and the clock.

Your new headunit will have the radio on it anyways so all you may have to buy is an adapter that fits into your new HU.

As for the temp, the mpg calculator, clock etc this will still work. It junt won't show what radio station your tuned into or whethers its playing a cd. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links