Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Should I Buy A Corolla?

Scottish_SR

Im in a bit of a wierd situation at the mo... Im considering changing jobs just now and have a few options for company cars, allowances, personal car etc. I get business mileage paid for but not personal, so, what do I do.........?

1) Take the car that the company will provide. (3dr 1.4 D4D T2 Corolla) and pay for own personal miles in it?

2) Take the car that the company will provide. (3dr 1.4 D4D T2 Corolla) and keep my SR for personal use?

3) Take the allowance, sell my SR and buy a T-Sport and use it for both business and personal?

4) Take the allowance, sell my SR and buy something different?

I drive a small engined TDCi just now (Ford) :!Removed!: so really need to keep my Corolla to have any sort of enjoyment out of driving, whats the T2 like? (I obviously know it aint a T-Sport spec car!)

Im not mega worried about the money side of things. If I have my own car I need insurance and the cost of the upkeep of it, dont if company lease vehicle. However, I pay lots more tax if I take the company car option.

Any opinions welcome! Cheers!!! :) :D

I'd take the company car and pay for your own personal miles.

What's the condition of your current rolla, miles year etc?

Do you really need 2 cars? How much driving do you do outside of work? Does it make it worth keeping a second car to use?

Just my thoughts.

Kev :)

3) Take the allowance, sell my SR and buy a T-Sport and use it for both business and personal?

This was the option I took.

Don't need\use a compny car for business as such, it's more of a perk and I did not fancy a 1.6 diesel Peugeot. For me, mileage, fuel costs are not an issue.

Snert

I'd take the company car and pay for your own personal miles.

What's the condition of your current rolla, miles year etc?

Do you really need 2 cars? How much driving do you do outside of work? Does it make it worth keeping a second car to use?

Just my thoughts.

Kev :)

Corolla is W reg SR on 83k but fancy a change to something quicker now I can afford it.

This was the option I took.

Don't need\use a compny car for business as such, it's more of a perk and I did not fancy a 1.6 diesel Peugeot. For me, mileage, fuel costs are not an issue.

Snert

I will prob only do 450 - 500 miles a week in company car but want something half decent for the weekend. Where in Scotland are you from anyway Snert?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links