Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Apexi Air Filter

Drewa.d

:help: Ive just recieved my apexi filter, but im not to sure about one or two things. i didnt get any piping with it, So what has everybody done? used some of their orginal piping from their old air filter to use from the throttle body to the filter? and what do i do about the oild breather pipe???

Any help would be greatlyappreciated! :help:

Erm you dont have to do anything with the breather pipe? It just goes on the end of the existing black piping that goes from the airbox to the throttle body! If you take the airbox out and leave the piping from airbox to throttle body in and then put it in place facing the back of the engine bay :)

but it will be facing the back of the engine bay wont? im wanting to have it tucked behind the headlight and by doing that you have to turn the Battery

standard position is at the back of the engine bay.

putting it behind the headlight is a pain in the **** unless you know what your doing and are prepared for quite a bit of work.

do a search of 'apexi' and look for peoples pics of relocated filters.

check mine out in my garage, I have a pic and list what I bought to relocate.

Sweet, cheers for that i thought i might have to buy a smaller filter, thats great thankyou! what size pipe did you get> is it a 60m bore? is any reducers needed? and how much was the pipe?

Thanks!

pipes about £5-£6, got it from tweeks. I did have a reducer pipe but it's 100m long and was to big, but they cost £16, so took it back and got a 60mm pipe for a fiver.

Would recommend a reducer, but they're all to long, it's just as easy with a silghtly bigger pipe, just make sure you tighten the jubilee clip tightly.

Don't forget to check it every now and again.

The outside size of the throttle body is about 55mm and the outside size of the apexi is 62-64mm. Silicone pipe expands enough to make a tight fit on the apexi, so don't worry about it being to tight or not fitting.

If you want to spend £16 on a pipe, then you can get a reducer and cut it down, as somewhere inbetween would be the size you need, but the reason I didn't do this was because it would make the apexi to long, and wasn't sure if it would move it over to far.

K ive been dowe to motorscope in northallerton they have the breather filters and tubes in stock. the only problem is they have a 57mm one or a 63mm one, i didnt buy either today as i didnt want one to big or to small? bearing in mind im not using a reducer which one would be best ? :help:

Oh and the apexi sounds :censor: hot! :yahoo:

Note i do have the apexi on, but im wanting to relocate behind the headlight if plp are thinking whats he on about :lol:

57mm is to tight, The reducer I had was 57, it's to tight on the apexi.

Try ordering online from tweeks. 63mm will be to big, for the throttle body, 60mm is to big but just about works, never mind 63.

How thick is the hosing roughly? I think im gona make my own reducer as i know others have done with success! The relocation does seem like quite a lot of work! Were the terminals really needing to be replace in the relocation? Can you not just have a longer earth cable?

it's about 3-4mm thick, but as I said 60mm piping is enough without needing to make a reducer.

The standard earth wire is in 2 pieces, but not easy to seperate, so I bought a 600mm length of earth wire and cut the longer old wire, so now I still have 2 earthing points, and the new negative terminal only cost about £2 so thought i'd get it just incase I needed it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links