Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris 1.0 Upgrade

marts

Hi everyone, my first post. ive got a 1.0 yaris, im very happy with it. i would however like to do maybe one upgrade to it to get a bit more acceleration out of it. Im not looking for anytihng big would be nice to do something relatively cheap and get a bit more out of it.

Any suggestions???

A tow rope.. quite cheap and if you tie it to a Porsche (Fidgits might be able to help you here) the Yaris will be slightly faster :thumbsup:

Oh!.. and welcome to TOC.

There isn't anything you can do to your car to make it faster.. not anything cheap anyway, but you can make it sound faster by upgrading the exhaust and adding an induction kit.

Welcome to the club. Things that do a good job of increasing acceleration & cheap don't really go together, personally I'd recommend you either save your money & get something good or just leave it as it is. You can always try driving using more revs :thumbsup:

yehh tbh you cant really do anything on a budget, most test show that induction kits actually have a adverse effects on smaller engine cars, save your money and get a 1.3 or a t-sport anything else would just be a waste of cash to be honest

If you want quicker acceleration loose some weight around the car! Rear seats, passenger seats, spare wheels etc :P depends how drastic you want but removing rear seats is a nice weight save with advantages of more space :P But yeah otherwise induction kit and exhaust dont tend to be that cheap!

how much is a bolt on turbo? i take it thats a real thing. on another note removing the rear seats is something i was actually considering but for the space saving benefit. is it easy to do?

how much is a bolt on turbo? i take it thats a real thing. on another note removing the rear seats is something i was actually considering but for the space saving benefit. is it easy to do?

I am sure that AlanBradley may be able to advise you on that...........................he should be along soon :thumbsup: ..................or send him a PM asking about seat removal :D

Seat removal is easy! Just unclip the covers over the end of the sliders that are at the front of the rear seats (like behind where your legs would be if you sit on the rear seats). There are only two bolts here in the middle. Then you slide the seats fully forwards and then tilt them upwards. Move the carpet out the way and you can see the seats are attached by another two bolts. Remove these two bolts and the seats are out :D If i remeber correctly the bolts are 14mm! The job takes about 5 mins! It is easier if you have someone to help you remove the seats out the boot as this avoids you scraping the metal runners along the soft plastic interior!

Hope that helped!

• 3 weeks later...

take the back seats out. and take the air filter box extension hose off,then get a hoover pip and put it to the front lower grille to the airbox, then if that still ent enuf remap the ecu for £150.

how much is a bolt on turbo? i take it thats a real thing..............

Stage 4: HKS turbo kit.

This kit is fully tested and has been designed as a 'bolt-on' kit. Compression ratio is left standard to retain driveability and keep costs down. HKS' own dyno figures showed power rose to 104ps (from 70) while torque was increased to 143Nm (from 95). Pressure is kept low (0.4bar) for longevity and reliability. £1,800.00. This kit can be built upon as and when necessary for example lowering the compression with high quality forged pistons, HKS front mounted intercooler, EVC-5 boost control system, sequential dump valve kit, additional fuelling etc. for power levels up to approx. 180bhp!

HKS Turbo Kit

Don't get excited about that £1800 price tag.. to get FULL benefit you will need a lot more.. closer to £5K plus fitting.

Why does everyone want a faster car? Buy a T-Sport FFS. If you cannot afford a "TeaSport", buy the 1.5 1NZ engine and swap your 1.0 with the 1NZ, swap brakes, suspension and electrics and you have a faster car. Modding of a 68 bhp car has no point to it. If you really want to take it out you buy an engine from a Yaris Turbo, with the same as above, brakes and "stuff".

Eirik

There will be a lot of fun factor in a 180bhp 1.0.. just a pity it costs so much.

There will be a lot of fun factor in a 180bhp 1.0.. just a pity it costs so much.

Turbo'd you mean? Won't the turbolag be a bit irritating? It's not reliable, it's expensive, it's usually done by amateurs, etc. No, bigger engines FTW, pour example the 150 bhp Yaris Turbo engine.

Eirik

I don't mean fun factor in the driving.. i meant in telling people you have a 180bhp 1.0l, and the fun of doing it, and the fact there would be very few other people daft enough to do it.. so it would be quite unique... the fun of moddifying a car.

Like that, yes. Got you now, it would be unique and original. And what would the scene be without originality? Nothing at all.

Eirik

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links