Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Soon To Be A Owner Of...

Yaris_Tsport

Hi all hope someone can help. i went to look at a t sport today on a y plate with 47k on the clock. its up for 4750 and all seems good but i just think there is a noise coming from the back of the car. it sounded like a bearing or something as it seem to come from the wheels???the tyres seemed a little low on tread so wondered if they might be making the noise.

anyway all i wanted to know was if i should look out for anything when i go back to have a proper look????

is a bearing a expensive job on a yaris????

when are the major service due on a yaris

and when does the cambelt need to be changed on them?? thank you

I think the bearing comes with the hub on a Yaris with drums on the back, not sure about the T Sport though, worth giving your local dealership a ring and get a price.

Also if you can take a mechanic or someone who knows about cars with you when you go to test drive again.

And theres no need for a belt change, they are chain driven.

yeah it had disc's on the back. did not know they are chain driven lol. thanks for the help mate.

Does the price sound about right????

I wouldnt know on the price to be honest, best thing is to check them out against other examples on Auto Trader and see what kind of condition the car is in.

2001/Y Average mileage 50,000 miles:

Franchised Dealer £5,135

Independent Dealer £4,605

Private Good £4,190

Private Poor £3,475

:thumbsup:

Hi all hope someone can help. i went to look at a t sport today on a y plate with 47k on the clock. its up for 4750 and all seems good but i just think there is a noise coming from the back of the car. it sounded like a bearing or something as it seem to come from the wheels???the tyres seemed a little low on tread so wondered if they might be making the noise.

anyway all i wanted to know was if i should look out for anything when i go back to have a proper look????

is a bearing a expensive job on a yaris????

when are the major service due on a yaris

and when does the cambelt need to be changed on them?? thank you

I not mechanically minded but if it's the rear bearings, then this maybe expensive to fix. Looking at Parts 4 Toyota, the part alone starts from £150 and then you add the labour costs. I suggest you should either get mechanic or an RAC inspection to look at the car just to be sure.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links