Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Button For The Boot!

Moley

I have just booked my Aygo in to the toyota garage because my button to open the boot was sticking. The guy told me that this is a known problem and they have got a modification for it and will repair it for you. There is a wait for the part cause so many of them are sticking. :rolleyes:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moley

• BadBoyVTEC

• sullsims

• Jan van de Wouw

I have just booked my Aygo in to the toyota garage because my button to open the boot was sticking. The guy told me that this is a known problem and they have got a modification for it and will repair it for you. There is a wait for the part cause so many of them are sticking. :rolleyes:

My button on the Aygo was sticking a few weeks ago too. I returned it to my dealers who only lubricated and cleaned the lock. It was fine but now it's sticking again! :censor:

Looks like the car has to go back to Mr T. Any ideas what this modification entails? Is it a new part etc? This wasn't mentioned to me by my dealers and I would like to know more if possible, before approaching them this week, again. Thanks.

My button on the Aygo was sticking a few weeks ago too. I returned it to my dealers who only lubricated and cleaned the lock. It was fine but now it's sticking again! :censor:

Looks like the car has to go back to Mr T. Any ideas what this modification entails? Is it a new part etc? This wasn't mentioned to me by my dealers and I would like to know more if possible, before approaching them this week, again. Thanks.

hey all.mine isnt sticking(yet) lol,but its annioying tht the car hasnt gt an interior boot release,it really bugs me tht i have to get out the car to open the booy for a mate or something,does any1 else find this a minor design fault :angry:

what? just tell your mates to press the button to open it.

If AygoTuner drives a basic Aygo he hasn't got Central Locking

and the bootlid opens only by use of the key.

My dealer told me it was a new part for the lock to stop it sticking. I spoke to them just over a week and they had only seen one other like it. If your dealer doesn't know about it get them to look into it for you. I am still waiting for the part to come in but will post about it once I know more :rolleyes: This is my first problem with my Aygo so I hope its not down hill from now on!!!! :yes:

what? just tell your mates to press the button to open it.

If AygoTuner drives a basic Aygo he hasn't got Central Locking

and the bootlid opens only by use of the key.

hey ,yea i only have the basic model,u dnt realise how much u rely on such a small piece of equipment ,bt its worth living with coz i love my aygo.

You could concider putting a solenoid in the trunk with a button up front.

They're on eBay regularly for abot £10 to £15.

Had one conected to the remote on my previous car and it worked like a charm...

Looks like this:

atr15.gif

A 15lb one should be sufficient.

Search on eBay for "trunk solenoid".

Do you just hook up the electrics and bolt it the body. Then the cable on the solonoid attaches to the hook on the lock so when it pulls it opens the lock?

Do you just hook up the electrics and bolt it the body. Then the cable on the solonoid attaches to the hook on the lock so when it pulls it opens the lock?

Yeah, that's about it.

You'd have to figure out where to hook it up to the lock, but if there's

a keylock, there's most likely a rod of some kind you can connect to.

I have Central locking, so can't really check for you...

The electrics is nothing more that one wire from the buttom to the solenoid,

a ground for the solenoid and a live feed for the button, preferably fused

and "after" the ignition (so it only works with the key in the ignition)

• 2 weeks later...
:angry: I am so angry at the moment. I first posted this topic on the 7th of Nov. Got the button for the boot fixed last monday which was the 20th (not happy about the delay but as the garage told me "not there problem its down to Mr T!") and by the 29th it is broken again!!! The car has to go back again so I am not a happy bunny with th garage at the moment!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I had my boot fixed this sat took mr T 4hours to fix it is that normal its already starting to stick again after a few days anyone got any ideas how to stop it?

I had my boot fixed this sat took mr T 4hours to fix it is that normal its already starting to stick again after a few days anyone got any ideas how to stop it?

Complain!!! Mine has now been fixed. Two days before it went in the garage I noticed that I could open the boot even though the car was locked so you might want to check that. When I had mine replaced the first time it took them an hour and the second time they had the car all day so they could make sure they got it right this time!!!

mines been sticking now for about a week..bugger....oh well I enjoy visitng Mr T's Garage they have a play station..lol.

• 3 weeks later...

the day i picked up my Aygo the boot latch was sticking. It was a bigger job than what i thought! they had to take off the back bumper to replace it!!

lucie

Well my new 07 Terra Aygo has a very hefty all silver metal boot 'button'/lock/latch.It can only be opened by inserting the key and turning it.There is no button as such.I seem to recall (could be wrong)that the 06 Aygo demo I drove HAD a black plastic button.Is this a new modification to solve the 'old button ' problem.I dislike not being able to open the boot without the key....

The "Terra" is probably the basic version?

The Demoe probably was a "Plus" or a "Sport"...

With the "Plus" you get central locking, with remote,

which replaces the manual lock in the rear with a

button for opening, as the locking is done electrically...

The "Sport" is one step up from the "Plus",

so includes all the "Plus" has with some extras...

So does anyone know if Toyota have come up with a "fix" for this problem apart from just replacing the black plastic button with another black plastic button? I'm getting fed up replacing it.

Guess what? Mines started sticking now - not every time but regularly enough to be annoying.

Mine has been replaced twice now and fingers crossed I haven't had any problems so far. Get the garage to check that they are actually putting the right lock in to the car cause when I took mine back the second time they didn't seem to know! If it is still continuing I would complain very loudly.

Did you get a receipt or anything which shows the part number of the modified lock / button ?

Did you get a receipt or anything which shows the part number of the modified lock / button ?

nope I didn't. All I know is that the lock was completely replaced the second time cause of it sticking but also cause I could open the boot even though the car was locked. They did have all day to change it and the guy from the garage did say that they changed it in the morning and all day some one was going up it and testing it everytime they past the car. Might be worth asking them to do that.

Read this a while back and thought I was lucky not have the problem - and guess what? Its started sticking now - How annoying!!

Surely Toyota must issue a recall with so many owners taking cars back? (wishful thinking)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links