Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Have Some News

Demonic Angel

As most of you know, I got made redundant from a job I loved, not for the job but for the people I worked with and I took 4 weeks off work paid and bored myself to tears and stressed myself out and since then I've been temping, which has been good fun! But generally I've been a moody sod, as the thought of only having temporary work filled me with dread as there is very little security.

I went for an interview last week for an IT Support job in Daventry which I didnt get and to put it frankly I was gutted, but I soldiered on as you must and good friends told me the right job for me would be round the corner.... and by jove, they were right! :D

Well, I'm ecstastically happy to report, I went for another interview for another job in Daventry last night on the hush - and I got the call this morning - I'VE GOT THE JOB! :D :D :thumbsup:

You're now looking at the brand new Database Manager for an events company, who arrange business events in Europe (so may have to do a little travel to places like Spain, Portugal etc and stay in a 5* hotel for free whilst being paid overtime for it.... terrible huh :lol: :P ) but my main role will be working with their bespoke database system, whilst providing IT Support to their small offices and also managing the sales team over leads on the database. Its a total change in direction for me, all my last jobs have been Administration type roles and as of Monday I'll be Database Manager - I can hardly believe it - I keep pinching myself or expecting a call saying "Sorry, we made a mistake!" :lol:

I start on Monday and I can't wait - the guys where I'm temping couldnt be happier for me and have told me they're gutted I'm leaving.

But this new place is fantastic, lovely offices, village location, family-run business.... similar to the company I was made redundant from! I'm chomping at the bit to start! :thumbsup:

What else can I say, apart from my dream has really come true - I'm now in the IT sector, I've done what I set out to do and really the people I have to thank are my old bosses at my old job for making me redundant and telling me to chase my dream - I plan to email them with my news now, I know they'll all be so proud of me.

And big thanks to friends on TOC, to Ben & Ian for helping me with my CV and to everyone else for egging me on and telling me I could do it and I'd get there - I'll never not listen to you again! :lol::lol:

:yahoo: <--------- How I feel right now times infinity! :D :D :D

Congratulations Em :yahoo:

Well done.. good to see people getting on in the world.. all the very best with it :)

Congratulations em really pleased for you. My wife has just gone through the same thing as you and she was just offered a new job in accounts starting this coming monday :yahoo:

Good luck :toast:

jerry!!

Congratulations em really pleased for you. My wife has just gone through the same thing as you and she was just offered a new job in accounts starting this coming monday :yahoo:

jerry!!

Send Lorraine my congratulations Jerry! :thumbsup:

And thanks everyone, I will be celebrating this weekend up at Anne & Les'! I'm just so happy I can't contain it, permanent grin on my face, I'll be needing Richard Hammonds teeth whitener soon :lol::lol:

Haha IT support - welcome to the dark side ;) !

Dark side i.e. doing naff all but surfing the net all day :huh: :P !

Well done girl :thumbsup: !

Now you just need to learn about computers lol

Thanks for the PM Ben! :D

I got my letter of confirmation through yesterday, so now I know its real and they definitely didnt call the wrong person! :lol:

I seriously can't stop grinning - after a year of uncertainty and a lot of ups and downs, 2006 has redeemed itself. If I had one wish though, it would be that my Grandma was alive to see me achieve this, as it would have made her day. :yes:

I just can't wait til Monday but for today I'm celebrating later on in style in Sproatley! :D :thumbsup::yahoo:

jerry!!

Send Lorraine my congratulations Jerry! :thumbsup:

And thanks everyone, I will be celebrating this weekend up at Anne & Les'! I'm just so happy I can't contain it, permanent grin on my face, I'll be needing Richard Hammonds teeth whitener soon :lol::lol:

Thanks Emma :thumbsup:

jerry!!

lol not really!

Well ok, maybe a little! :lol:

I just really can't wait to start - as sad as that sounds! I can't wait to go to work!! :lol::lol: I already have an outfit sorted, all ironed and ready to go :thumbsup:

This is my opportunity, I plan to make the most of it! :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links