Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Trd Oil Filter

kingdeacon

i wanted to order a trd oil filter but from what i can see there is 3 types. anyone know what one i need for my ae82? its a 1988 car one of the last ever made but think the engine and car is a 1987 spec as on the list it goes up to 1987.5.

I have this problem all the time for my car when buying parts as all the books go up to 1987.5 which i think is when then went to the next 4age engine, but mine is a 1988 car with the t-vis still so must be a 1987 engine right?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRD-oil-filters-for-...1QQcmdZViewItem

thats the link to where i was going to get it from, do i want the first one?

thanks

You have a '1987' car ...

...Although your car is stated as 1988 in the log book it would infact be a dealer 'old stock'.

In other words built 1987 but be held back in storage and not registered/sold/bought till 1988.

It happened with the Ford Capri ...ceased production in 1988 but many sold in 1989 at Ford Dealerships

And the Opel Manta ...ceased production in 1988 and still sold in 1989.

Plus is happening now at Honda ...New shape Civic is now out yet local Honda dealer has 4 un-registered Honda 'Now-The-Old-Shape' Civic Type 'R's for sale.

What you find is that when an 'old model to new model change over' takes place the 'perfomance' variants seem to 'run on just that little longer' because the 'new' shape model doesn't normally have its perfomance model in the range straight away. :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links