Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake Kits - Envy Help Me On This Too

kularm

Hi, Looking for some new brakes on my forthcoming TS. I want to change the calipers, pads and disks. DOes anyone know of an affordable kit that will fit my yaris. I've had a look at Envy, the Endless Kits look appealing but will they fit. Otherwise can someone give me the exact dimensions for suitable drilled or grooved disks, redstuff pads, and somewhere that has suitable calipers, if possible in the colour red. :)

You don't usually change calipers unless your upgrading to an allround bigger brake kit (bigger discs and 6 pot calipers for example) Can easily paint your calipers with red smooth hammerite (only small tin needed) from your local Halfords for around £5!

Then all you really need is upgraded pads and some grooved discs (though these are less important). Red stuff pads may also be a little too track based for road use and therefore the endless pads, although expensive for the good ones (SSS I believe retail around £150? Though someone will confirm) will improve braking dramatically. Then upgrade to braided lines and you will probably have adequate braking.

The backs wont really need upgrading but if you feel it neccesary a pair of EBC greenstuff pads will again be more than adequate for the power you have!

Hope that helps!

Er, Woody, you've jumped a grade there. Greenstuff pads from EBC (yes, the same folk that make Redstuff ones - spot the trend :D ) are pretty good and certainly (on a non-TS) give a big improvement over standard.

Next level up from the pad change is to fit braided brake lines. They don't expand under pressure like normal Yaris ones do and give a better feel and massive increase in the resistance to fade - even with standard pads and discs - for a small outlay. Improving the grade of brake fluid at the same time makes sense (say DOT4 to DOT5) as you have to bleed the brakes heavily when the lines are fitted.

Upgrading the discs is the expensive part really and you'd only benefit by changing the front ones unless the rears are worn out (mighty unlikely, not even Clarky's are through :D ). £130 to £160 a pair seem to be the going rate. To put it in perspective that's less than Toyota often charge for standard ones.

Having said all that...

What you do depends on your driving style and the conditions in which you drive. The basic upgrade I would go for is Greenstuffs all round (should be less than £100) rears and then look at having the lines changed if you feel that's not enough.

:thumbsup:

A

Lol yeah just because he sounded like he wants awesome braking ability by suggesting caliper change hence why i suggested endless :) but yeah greenstuff should be plenty considering i find the yaris brakes very good :D I mentioned red because he mentions them and i thought they were a bit drastic (assumption on what EBC say about them) but knew the endless' were reccomended so assumed they worked from cold etc. Cheers all the same alan :thumbsup:

The best braking setup Ive found (tried various combos including ebcs etc) is:

Goodrich or similar brake lines

Dot5.1 high temp fluid

3G Grooved and Dimpled rotors

Endless SSS pads

- this gives you the ability to stop very very well.

As Alan suggests Ive also upgraded my rears to 10 groove 3G discs and endless pads... the results .. well a couple of people have put my car through its paces...

The simplest and best upgrade is without doubt the brake lines and fluid, but they will need to be bled hard to get the benefit,

With 112k on the clock Ive been through a few changes ... but the current setup is awesome.

I agree with clarky on this one, my current set up is the same bar i have the greenstuff pads and not endless, and thats only down to not having the funds at the time of needing new pads

• 1 month later...

The Goodridge brake line kit I got for christmas is for a std yaris and not a TS,

The front lines fit just great, perfect match.

the rear brake lines on my 2003 blue yaris t sport are nothing like what is supplied in the pack, the big T ones are in two parts with completly diff ends on them.

Goodrich ones are on piece. Goodridge say they don't make a T-sport kit? Is this correct?

or Have I got the wrong part number

or do you need special lines custom made up for the rear?

Part number is STY0011-4P 05/09/3006

standard is 2 piece (connecting at the small rectangular steel block)

and the goodridge ones are single piece, you just need to make sure they dont go the wrong route cause they might rubb.

Yes

I understand I have the steel block on my car but my kit has completely the wrong ends to fit the caliper.

It would not fit my TS at the rear maybe the later TS would have a diff arrangement for the btake line ends.

Do you have any pictures of your fitment?

Part number on my pack is

ZZAA0180-038

The rear hoses are about 300mm bigger than what they need to be.

I was sent the wrong ones and was running supra hoses for 3 months, untill one of them broke.

Supra rear hose is easier to fit than the yaris hose, it's about half the size.

The hoses have the same ends on the front as on the rear, so if your set is different take it back and order a set from envy.

Not everyone knows about or stocks the hoses for a t-sport, most i've seen on the net are for non t-sports.

Here is the pictures of the hoses at the rear.

So with pack ZZAA0180-038

Do I ignore the connecting steel block, and fit them direct from brakeline direct to caliper?

With this pack will the fronts be the same?

I was thinking about sending the rear hoses to goodridge to get them custom made anyone done this?

Anyone have spare rear hoses they cold send me to send on to Goodridge?

Pictures

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Envy worked with Goodrige to develop the kit for the T-Sport. They are not readily available from any Goodrige supplier, only from us.

Thanks

Kevin

Here is the pictures of the hoses at the rear.

So with pack ZZAA0180-038

Do I ignore the connecting steel block, and fit them direct from brakeline direct to caliper?

With this pack will the fronts be the same?

I was thinking about sending the rear hoses to goodridge to get them custom made anyone done this?

Anyone have spare rear hoses they cold send me to send on to Goodridge?

Pictures

you ignore the steel block and connect from caliper to the other connector. it replaces with 1 single hose.

could have done with a pic of the goodridge hoses you have not the standard hoses.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want bigger front brakes youll most likely be looking at a custom job from the likes of Hi Spec, which will probably cost around 600-700 quid

Or you could get something like GT4 or Supra calipers and have some brackets custom fabricated to mount them

Bear in mind youll need big wheels for big brakes, for obvious reasons

This will by far exceed any standard sized efforts available

any1 know any decent sites for

brake pads and dis front and back, as mine are 85% corroded =(

are the green stuff any good, even though my yaris ts is jus standard?

thanks in advance

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links