Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Is Phishing All About?

JappyBeast

Phishing, sounds like the sort of thing I would do up the side of a club on a saturday night.

Seems to be the new buzzword since getting the newest version of Explorer (which is very good btw)

There is even an icon at the bottom of this site asking if this site has been reported for Phishing.

What is it all about?

Yeah, I've got it too mate.

I think it's when a website is made to look like another (like your banks site?) Then you put all your info in and some bugger steals it!

If you get me.

Phishing, sounds like the sort of thing I would do up the side of a club on a saturday night.

Seems to be the new buzzword since getting the newest version of Explorer (which is very good btw)

There is even an icon at the bottom of this site asking if this site has been reported for Phishing.

What is it all about?

you do realise that it is pronounced as fishing

Basically -

Someone has created a fake site to collect your details and made it look EXACTLY the same as the normal website.

The best way to prevent this is to never follow/click links to sites which you have to login, even if you get a email from your bank, myspace, msn etc (always type it in) ....... oh and always check the address at the top of the screen :thumbsup: !

wot they said...

basically never trust a link in an email (the majority of phising happens here)... which asks for your login details and provides said link to the 'login page'

go to your bank/paypal/ebay (main phishing peeps use these) yourself and sort it from there...

Phishers get cleverer and cleverer all the time aswell - its so easy for people to get caught out....

Has anyone tried IE's phishing reporter on a phishing site to see if it works? Might be interesting to see.... can't stand IE at all but if the phishing filter works I might hate it slightly less... :lol::lol:

gmail has a phishing tools(I think firefox has it aswell) aswell but some still get through

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links