Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 4 Water Gurgling When Revved.

mujaddid

Hi all,

Just did a coolant flush and forced water via a hose through system to clean out heater matrix as the heat it was producing wasnt accurate.

After filling system up with Toyota RED coolant and going through the routine of allowing any air to escape (this has been done several times) when revving the engine around 2500-3K water gurgling or swooshing can be heard from heater matrix/core.

Car does not overheat and fan works, heaters are producing more heat than before.....

any ideas or is it me being paranoid

Precisely what I thought, will keep an eye on it over the next few days.

Oh and keep a look out for some pics of mine............

TIA

did you run engine up to operating temp with rad cap off, leaving rad cap off did you turn on heater to full heat and full blower, did you replace rad cap after all air bubbles had gone?

yep did that yesterday until fan came on and pipes were massaged.

Have done this now over 3 times, along with a back flush of heater core, sound seems to have gone but will keep an eye on it, new stereo its kinda distracting :-)

BTW: the overflow tank was empty, so I topped up as it may be one of the factors as to why air was entering the system, other than that all hoses seem fine, including RAD CAP.................

TIA

Sounds to me like there is still air trapped in there somewhere... It does seem to be difficult the clean out the system... Pressurised water if you can trust your hoses..

After having driven it for 2 days with heaters blowing, sound has vanished.

TIA

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links