Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Inphase Ipa 600

viperroom_112

Hey guys , I am alraefy running a 4 channel sony amplifier , from which i run a pair of door Speakers and bridged to run an amplifier ! , now , i have purchased an inphase 500 watt amp to run the vibe 10" sub in a box . The question i have is , do u have to run a new power cable through the car , or can i use the current config , i.e connect (somehow) the new amp , with the old wire ??

any help / ideas apprecnaited

david

What power rating or gugae is the wire? and what power rating was the sony amp? If the power ratings are about the same for both amps (RMS/peak) then your current power cable will work. If not, you will need to upgrade or your amp won't work and you'll at best pop the fuse!

HTH

hey , cheers for response , well my sony amp is a 500 watt max (4 channel) bad boy and the in phase one is a 450 watt max (2 channel)! I purchased a 600 watt wiring kit (auto leads) from Halfords .

dm

That'll more than cope with the power draw! Good stuff, not too keen on the autoleads wiring kits, i use ones from celsusice, pricy but nicer cable.

ok mate :) well mmm , how best to wire it up then as amp is under passenger seat (sony , old) and new one is going in boot !! :)

Sounds like you need to spend a couple of hours with the trim removed and carpet up, feeding cables to where you need them!

Plan your route through the car to ensure you have a long enough cable! Gets annoing if you end up 6" away from the amp!

Yup looks like it , but the real question i got is, if i have 2 ampl and one power lead how do i connect both :( lol basics i know !

Do as CustomIce says, rewire your whole car from Battery to amp in boot, remember to fuse your cable at Battery end, to prevent any misfortunes, and to split it at the amp end, use one of these babies....

Linky

What these do, is accept cables from the power source at one end, get fused inbetween, and then you can, power out from them to your amp.

Saves any messy looking cables everywhere, and also as well it looks good, it shows that you mean business when it comes to doing installs

Bing

:thumbsup:

Ah i see where this is going.

2 options

run 2 power cables from the Battery, one to each amp, then sort your signal cable from one to the other using the thru/out line level phono connectors, or second pre out on the HU if there is one.

Other option, use a power cable with a high enough guage to run amp1 Peak W + amp 2 Peak W, use a distribution block and run a smaller cable to each amp. Then signal cable as before.

I can sort you disribution blocks if you need em.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links