Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Like Driving A Transit Van!

JappyBeast

Yo Yaris peeps,

Took the girlfriends Yaris to Scotland and back, is it normal to blow all over the road in high winds?

Never known anything like it!

Yo Yaris peeps,

Took the girlfriends Yaris to Scotland and back, is it normal to blow all over the road in high winds?

Never known anything like it!

Totally normal, especially at speed. :yes:

Fun, isn't it? :eek:

Lets just say I filled my pants a few times on the way down,

Supposed I'm used to the 'dart' like characteristics of the MR2. Supposed lowering/stiffen the suspension and wider wheels will help.

yep totally normal :wacko:

even lowered on coliys it still does it :lol:

Yeah, I used to enjoy it, travelling to & from work on the motorway was always a constant battle & that was in mild winds, the winds over the past week or so have been worse than any I can remember so I wouldn't be too suprised if a few had blown over. There are worse cars to be in if the wind flips you though

Its just something you get used to tbh but you're right - wider tyres and stiffer springs do help :)

A

Thought its bubble shape would deflect the side winds, I'm not really used to a car with suspension tho.

Struggled to go over 60mph at one point.

Its a 1.0, right?

That sounds about normal too! (cue lines of angry 1.0 owners :lol: )

A

I just like the idea of an MR2 driver being scared of a Yaris! :laughing:

I just like the idea of an MR2 driver being scared of a Yaris! :laughing:

Just when the car pulls 2 meters to the right into the next lane you kinda lose confidence at high speeds!

Yeah, its just a wee 1.0l vvti, proper quick when you rev the knaackers off it!

They're far nippier than people think, they can just have trouble with the combination of high winds and hills.

If the 1.0s were crap then there would be far fewer people who tradeup to a second Yaris ;)

A

They're far nippier than people think, they can just have trouble with the combination of high winds and hills.

If the 1.0s were crap then there would be far fewer people who tradeup to a second Yaris ;)

A

:yes:

Thought its bubble shape would deflect the side winds

Nah, you sit a lot higher in a Yaris so the centre of gravity is higher, it's great for parking because you can see a lot more of the front of the car than in others but you sacrifice handling etc for it

Nah, you sit a lot higher in a Yaris so the centre of gravity is higher, it's great for parking because you can see a lot more of the front of the car than in others but you sacrifice handling etc for it

Well I have my seat set low and can't see the front of my Yaris.

I know it's not far away though. :D

Not on the T3 Jappy - although you can on mine as I now have T-Sport seats. Not that you'd want to move them higher though - you're pretty "perched" on them as it is :rolleyes:

Dead comfy though (but so were the originals)

A

Thought its bubble shape would deflect the side winds, I'm not really used to a car with suspension tho.

Struggled to go over 60mph at one point.

60 how the hell were you driving!!!

Even lowered with wider tyres it is quite blustry when the wind is strong but i wouldnt no much else ! :P

haha yeah totally normal. i crapped myself this mornin goin to work when the car jumped 3 foot to the left on the motorway and thats with my car slammed all the way down on the coileys :P

I had trouble with it being a bit blowy last night, it was the worst I have ever experienced it - it was so bad I thought that there was a problem with a tyre at first! :!Removed!:

No problems today thankfully :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links