Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Upgrade 2006 Avensis Audio

dangermouse_se

Hi

I've just traded my Clio for a 2006 Avensis 1.8vvti T3-x. I'm used to an aftermarket sound system (2 amps, HU, componenet Speakers, sub etc...) but I am also fussy about spoiling the look of the interior.

Basically I would idelly like to ungrade the head unit and Speakers and fit amps and a sub but I have the following queastions:

1. There doesn't seem to be an adaptor available for the Avensis after 2004, is there a Toyota trim I can get - ideally I would like to keep the silver finish.

2. What size of Speakers are in the doors, I have two speakers per door. I assume a tweeter and a woofer?

3. Any problems I need to look out for?

4. Would it be better to just fit upgraded speakers and leave the HU? Could I fit a SUB to the existing HU? Are there any pre-outs from the factory HU?

Thanks in advance.

The only way you can add a sub straight to the HU is use an active one, otherwise it would be underpowered, thats if there's any pre outs.

I'll have a look for an adaptor for you, and for the facia.

Not got the foggiest on the speaker size.

What year is it? (the car that is)

The only way you can add a sub straight to the HU is use an active one, otherwise it would be underpowered, thats if there's any pre outs.

I'll have a look for an adaptor for you, and for the facia.

Not got the foggiest on the speaker size.

What year is it? (the car that is)

Cheers, its a 2006 mate.

Its a no no on the facia, ther doesn't seen to be one i can get, but there are celica type ones, rav 4 and corolla.

Is the audio the toyota active system? As i can get adaptors for that. Failing that bullet connectors to the loom is allways a last resort.

Its a no no on the facia, ther doesn't seen to be one i can get, but there are celica type ones, rav 4 and corolla.

Is the audio the toyota active system? As i can get adaptors for that. Failing that bullet connectors to the loom is allways a last resort.

I pick the car up a week on Saturday so I'll have a look at the head unit then. I'd rather not cut the loom but I will if nescessary, it's fitting the headunit neatly into the dash that I'm struggling most with. There is no adaptor for a Yaris either interestingly but Toyota do a double-din style fascia that you can fit that will then accept a Rav 4 adaptor, did it on my GF's Yaris. I'm wondering if they do anything useable for the Avensis...

That and working out what I do with the Speakers. I doubt there are pre-outs on the HU for a decent amp system either...

There is a little box of tricks that i do that converts speaker level out to line level for amps, 4 channels all volume adjustable. Good for amping your entire system while retaining headunit control over fad/bal.

There is a little box of tricks that i do that converts speaker level out to line level for amps, 4 channels all volume adjustable. Good for amping your entire system while retaining headunit control over fad/bal.

My amps all have speaker level input so I suppose thats not a problem if I live with the reduced signal quality from the Toyota internal amp, still need to know about the Speakers though... :help:

Do you have the owners manual or a spec brochure from the dealer as the info should be in there on the sound system.

Don't have the manuals until I get the car.

Its a single CD (non-MP3 :censor: ) and a tape (WTF) player.

I really wanted to fit an MP3 player but I suppose i could get the glovebox changer, unless anyone knows if the Toyota headunit from the newer Avensis will fit?

I'm beginning to see the problems you're having here. No MP3, change the HU, oh wait can't as we can't find a facia! I feel your frustration!

If the system is anything like the gen 6 celica the Speakers will be about 16.5/17cm.

I'm beginning to see the problems you're having here. No MP3, change the HU, oh wait can't as we can't find a facia! I feel your frustration!

If the system is anything like the gen 6 celica the speakers will be about 16.5/17cm.

I guess I have a week to wait now and then I can look at the Speakers, I'm sure I can get something to fit the lower door pods but ideally I wanted components to utilise the upper (tweeter) pods in the doors, again I should be able to have a look and see whats there now.

I wouldn't be averse to having an equaliser fitted to clean up the sound and then running the amps from the factory unit except for the lack of mp3. Toyota tell me mine is one of the last cars to have the tape/cd before they went mp3/WMA/AAC. Tape! I haven't even seen a tape for years let alone listened to one.

Not to mention I love my Kenwood KDC-W808 :crybaby:

TBH the most I'd be willing to do with the existing HU is possibly a speaker upgrade. Although I am making enquiries around having a fascia made from matching alluminium...the lack of response from anyone except your good self leads me to believe that it is an impossible job.

Good idea on getting one fabricated, could be your best bet there.

If you are after any specific gear give me a shout i'll see what i can do ;)

Good idea on getting one fabricated, could be your best bet there.

If you are after any specific gear give me a shout i'll see what i can do ;)

Cheers mate

Saw this on google the other day, in Japanese but might offer some hope of an aftermarket adapter somewhere.

http://www.borntorun.co.jp/store/ins21.html

Thats cool, it a a good job too, shows the Speakers etc. Looks like the tweeters can be replaced easily although the door Speakers look like they need an adaptor similar to the yaris...

The search continues....

• 1 month later...

The glove box 6 cd changer is single din sized, you could place a stereo in its place and fit a remote control.

just a thought, this would also save any damage to the interior and be good for security.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the offer but I want the radio fitted where its supposed to be (an d without damage). I guess I 'll have to wait til they start making the fascia trim.

Wouldn't mind but having removed the radio it would be a really simple job to make a trim...

Hi,

there is a Double-Din fascia part available for the Avensis T25 from Toyota: Part Number 55405-05160 (Used to fit the TNS-600 Navigationsystem)

Hope this is helpfull

• 2 months later...
Hi,

there is a Double-Din fascia part available for the Avensis T25 from Toyota: Part Number 55405-05160 (Used to fit the TNS-600 Navigationsystem)

Hope this is helpfull

Did anyone order this part? Does it fit a double din stereo ok? How much was the part?

Looking to change the stereo in my 2006 T3x (although mine is MP3 compatible, and doesnt have a tape player! but it is rubbish and needs changing...).

• 7 months later...
Hi,

Hope this is helpfull

Did anyone order this part? Does it fit a double din stereo ok? How much was the part?

Looking to change the stereo in my 2006 T3x (although mine is MP3 compatible, and doesnt have a tape player! but it is rubbish and needs changing...).

This facia should fit double din stereo, but not exactly.

Ther will be a gap between the frame and stereo.

On Polish Avensis forum one guy fitted double din JVC dvd player.

I add a link.

Finally he changed that toyota's frame adding some fiber glass or something similar.

Looks pretty good.

th_28465_ramka1_122_785lo.jpg

Sorry Red_Point. I didn't asky you for permission using your foto, hope you don't mind.

And the link to the topic not sure if it will work.

http://www.toyotaklub.org.pl/forum/index.php?topic=15167.0

Best regards Tom

• 1 month later...

If the system is anything like the gen 6 celica the speakers will be about 16.5/17cm.

I guess I have a week to wait now and then I can look at the Speakers, I'm sure I can get something to fit the lower door pods but ideally I wanted components to utilise the upper (tweeter) pods in the doors, again I should be able to have a look and see whats there now.

I wouldn't be averse to having an equaliser fitted to clean up the sound and then running the amps from the factory unit except for the lack of mp3. Toyota tell me mine is one of the last cars to have the tape/cd before they went mp3/WMA/AAC. Tape! I haven't even seen a tape for years let alone listened to one.

Not to mention I love my Kenwood KDC-W808 :crybaby:

TBH the most I'd be willing to do with the existing HU is possibly a speaker upgrade. Although I am making enquiries around having a fascia made from matching alluminium...the lack of response from anyone except your good self leads me to believe that it is an impossible job.

Hi dangermouse_se are you still looking at putting your Kenwood KDC-W808 into your 2006 Avensis - if so I can provide the faica adapter and wiring you require contact me for more details.

Hi,

Hope this is helpfull

I add a link.

Finally he changed that toyota's frame adding some fiber glass or something similar.

Looks pretty good.

Sorry Red_Point. I didn't asky you for permission using your foto, hope you don't mind.

Best regards Tom

Hi Tom,

I can get you a perfect fit facia panel for single or double din for the T25 in the next week or so contact me for more details

Regards

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Hope this is helpfull

I add a link.

Looks pretty good.

Best regards Tom

Hi Tom,

I can get you a perfect fit facia panel for single or double din for the T25 in the next week or so contact me for more details

Regards

Mark

Mark con you post some pictures?

What price do you think about?

Regards Tom

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links