Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

More Boost

TomsTurboKitted

Just wondering if anyone can shed any light on the best way to run more boost in my Starlet GT. Is there a way of doing this without spending any money on new parts or tuning? Any help appreciated thanks

manual boost controller (grainer valve) can be picked up for £20 and installed.

You then adject the screw on it which is linked to a ball and spring mechinism which builds up to the desired pressure and chucks it into the engine. Any excess pressure is then released stopping it from over boosting.

I would suggest that you get the breathing of the car sorted prior to doing a boost increase so that you can get rid of the gasses better and pull in some extra air from the filter...

that i cant help you with as i only have experience of the 3SGTE engine which i had in my old mr2 and celica

this forum it terrible and has no information and or users.

Edited by Fizz

there really is no need to be so negative and yes it appears to be a slow section of the forum but there are people who have a good deal of advice which is given out on a regular basis.

I dont mean to be negative but you appear to be the only active user,

Why cant both the forums both exist together without the need for the web address's to be removed?

perhaps the chap could find more information about that particular topic there and vice versa?

Dave

What you need to rememeber is that not everyone has access to the net during the day.. Im lucky as im now in a job where i can get away with it. :lol:

The linkinking of other sites is fine if they have a return link to TOC and one of the sites in question I know for a fact would not reccomend TOC.

Just give it a little time bud before expecting replies mate. Its all good.

Regards

Fizz

IIRC you can't mess with the boost whilst standard as you run the risk of it going bang :huh:

Wouldn't go winding it up just yet, wait till someone confirms you can first mate ;)

the standard bost on high is .6 bar, yoiu can take this to about .85bar before you are htting fuel cut but its pointless without doing the intake and exhaust mods to accomodate it

fuelling is the most important thing to get right before winding the boost on.

get a SARD rising rate fuel pressure regulator from Toby's online store at www.toyota gt turbo. com (without spaces) and ideally a walbro fuel pump.

you can go up to 12.5 psi before you hit fuel cut. you'll need an Fuel Cut Defencer or something along those lines to go higher than that.

if you are running the standard CT9 turbo and top mount intercooler then i wouldn't recommend going over a bar of boost (around 14psi)

also stick with the standard airbox setup imo, other setups can sometimes encourage 'boost creep' (read about it by searching tgtt.com)

something else i would reccommend would be a HKS actuator, much improved over the stock item

fuelling is the most important thing to get right before winding the boost on.

get a SARD rising rate fuel pressure regulator from Toby's online store at www.toyota gt turbo. com (without spaces) and ideally a walbro fuel pump.

you can go up to 12.5 psi before you hit fuel cut. you'll need an Fuel Cut Defencer or something along those lines to go higher than that.

if you are running the standard CT9 turbo and top mount intercooler then i wouldn't recommend going over a bar of boost (around 14psi)

also stick with the standard airbox setup imo, other setups can sometimes encourage 'boost creep' (read about it by searching tgtt.com)

something else i would reccommend would be a HKS actuator, much improved over the stock item

yeah Toby is the man to look for on toyota gt turbo . com, reason why toc is dried up on starlet members is because they don't agree with other forums :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links