Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clutch Problems

morpheus33

There seems to be a dull rattling sound that recently developed when I pull away at low revs

I have steered in a tight circle and it does not seem to be the cv joints as it happens in a straight line also.

Seems to go away when you press the clutch in, and does not rise and fall with the engine noise when the clutch in right in

It only seems to happen when on load pulling away. At full speed on motorway it seems all quiet

what do you guys reckon? my car had done 65,000miles

I reckon it's the clutch.

Well the noise is just getter louder and louder now. sounds like it's slipping all the time

I will take my car in to Mr T on wednesday, to get a diagnosis from them.

Is it worth me getting a replacement one from big T or going for something better?

C-one on envy was 6,000 grand could not find prices for any other

which is a bit too far the other side of expensive!

Well the noise is just getter louder and louder now. sounds like it's slipping all the time

I will take my car in to Mr T on wednesday, to get a diagnosis from them.

Is it worth me getting a replacement one from big T or going for something better?

C-one on envy was 6,000 grand could not find prices for any other

which is a bit too far the other side of expensive!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I'm new here so sorry if my questions are stupid...

I've got a similar problem..

Last week, I had my T-Sports gearbox reconditioned and a new clutch was put in at the same time.

I've got my car back and the gearbox seems ok, well the clutch as well. Except now there's a chirping noise coming from the back right-hand side (under the bonnet).

Its something to do with the clutch coz when I press the clutch (even slightly press it) the noise goes away.

It's quite annoying now because its always there, a low and high revs and whilst driving.

I took it back to the place I had the work done from and they just said bring it back in a week if it hasn't gone by then, (cuz it needs time to wear in).

Anyboy else have any suggestions?

Cheers.

Sammi

Hi everyone,

I'm new here so sorry if my questions are stupid...

I've got a similar problem..

Last week, I had my T-Sports gearbox reconditioned and a new clutch was put in at the same time.

I've got my car back and the gearbox seems ok, well the clutch as well. Except now there's a chirping noise coming from the back right-hand side (under the bonnet).

Its something to do with the clutch coz when I press the clutch (even slightly press it) the noise goes away.

It's quite annoying now because its always there, a low and high revs and whilst driving.

I took it back to the place I had the work done from and they just said bring it back in a week if it hasn't gone by then, (cuz it needs time to wear in).

Anyboy else have any suggestions?

Cheers.

Sammi

could it be the clutch bearing / release bearing?

• 3 weeks later...

well finally got my car fixed after much heartache & money

the problem was both gearbox & clutch related.

The mech said the gearbox was pressurised due to the breather being blocked, which would starve the bearings of oil hence the constant whine in the grearbox

The clutch although in quite a good condition had warped slightly and was permently picking up on the fly wheel so not disengaging properly. this was the plates rattling scuffing when pulling away.

The clutch realease bearing was worn as you would expect. Flywheel had to be resurfaced also.

Go second hand gearbox of TS yaris that had done 4,000 miles and has the clutch / bearing replaced also.

Seems alot smoother to pull away now.

Bit dissapointed with big T at the fact that it has only done 60,000 miles and the gearbox bearings are knarkered. The clutch I can except.

Is there anything I can do to prevent the breather being blocked again, as big T missed it at evey servce I had with the main dealer?

Might get my mech to change gearbox oil every year also, to avoid a repeat of the above.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links