Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

3dr Yaris = Same Size As A Mountain Bike

vickyvulture

Going down to sussex in the morning to stay with a friend. He wants me to bring his mountain bike and a load of other stuff down in my Yaris (as he cant drive!)

After taking the front wheel off (the bike), folding forward the front seats, I thought that would be plenty of room - - as it happens it wasnt!! Plus, it was even harder to get the thing OUT now!!

Eventually backed it out, and folded down the back seats. . . BINGO! it fits! but only just. My other friend who is travelling down with me will be pretty squashed in the passenger seat though! (nose up against the windscreen almost.

Glad we're only going for the weekend, so not much luggage needed! Spose everything else will just have to sit on top of the bike. . .

Cant complain though. Love helping friends :D

vicky

Where abouts in sussex you heading down to :)

take the rear seats out :lol: far more room then

A village called Bepton, near Midhurst.

Didnt know i could take the rear seats out though?? you learn something new every day!!

nah, cant take em out even if i knew how, as i will need them on the trip up 4 someone else to catch a lift in! (think i'm a cheap taxi!)

I found that if i folded the seats down push the passenger seat all the way forward and then lean it forward as well i found that i managed to just about get the bike in, then i bought a bike rack and its much better. You can get them for about £17 from tesco's. :thumbsup:

nah the parts that touch are foam and you srap it on tight so it doesn't move enough to damage the paint, i often leave mine on for days and never have a problem.

O right thats cool!

:) Thanks

You don't have this problem anyways do you mate!? It's just your basket and stabalisers that get in the way eh!!!!!!! :lol:

I got my Motorcycle frame in the back of mine with the seats simply folded down. How the hell did you not get a mountain bike with the front wheel off in there?!?!

I've managed a five foot real Christmas tree.

Not that it's any help to you I'm afraid. :lol:

nah the parts that touch are foam and you strap it on tight so it doesn't move enough to damage the paint, i often leave mine on for days and never have a problem.

Word of warning though - make sure you clean any muck off of the areas that the rack will cover and then make sure you don't go OTT on the tightening - the boot lid can be dented mighty easily if you get carried away :oops:

Lastly, be prepared to listen to jokes about wheelbarrows if you leave the rack on without a bike mounted on it <_<

:thumbsup:

A

PS most boot dents canbe sorted by removing a corner of the boot inner trim and pushing gently with your hand - not that I've even had to (on this one anyhow) ;)

Isn't there a problem with rear mounted bike racks if you have a spoiler on the back? If I'm right in thinking, the straps from the carrier will put strain on the spoiler, causing possible damage to the spoiler or it to fall off!?

Or am I just being stupid!?

Of course I got the mountain bike in there!! Plus a passenger in the front . . but it was tite!! especially with the amount of other stuff i ended up carrying! But great fun :D

Was thinking of getting a bike and bike rack as well, but not now . . funds are a bit tite, lol

vicky

• 2 weeks later...

i do alot of mountain biking and i did strugle to get my bike in and was abit wary of a rack because of the rear spoiler.managed to get a rack from a place called pendle bike racks thats sits high up on the tailgate,had two bikes on it and still doesent touch only complaint is the wheels cover the light so had to buy a trailer board :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links