Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Not Fair

benkj14

Was on my way to work this morning when someone pulled out on me and this happend

DSC02874.jpg

DSC02875.jpg

DSC02876.jpg

DSC02877.jpg

Do you lot think that its going to be a write off ?

Hey, sorry to see that Its soo horrible to see such a gorgeous car like that!

-Anyway regarding write off- My dad runs an accident repair centre with 120cars+ every month and from what I know, that is deffinately not being written off :yahoo: . Bonnet, Grille and bumper = maybe headlamp might be about £1100 damage at most (provided the airbags haven't blown). Get in touch with insurers!

Hope your ok after that, just as well you were in a four star euro NCAP yaris!

Im fine thanx mate, im hoping the other persons insurance will take responsibility for the accident, the thing that worries me is that bar that I have bent, haven’t been able to figure out what its for.

Looks painful but doesn't look like there's been major damage so I'd guess it probably wont be a write off, can you get a pic showing more of the engine though as I'd assume the better condition the engine is in, the easier the repair, with a front-ender anyway.

Hope you're ok though, that's the main thing. Has the other driver admitted they were at fault?

Hmmm I can't really see what that is...... I don't suppost you have an overall shot of the car with the bonnet open showing the bar? From what I can tell it doesn't look structural though, probably screwed on to the inside wing/headlamp supports?

Sorry to hear about the bump mate, but glad to hear your alright!

We had similar damage when the wife rear ended someone.... We didnt go through insurance to fix it n got it all sorted for bout £900, but it didnt look quite as bad as yours though.

Think the bar your referring to is your actual 'bumper' as what people call the bumper is only the outer skin. Sure someone more knowledgable than me will along to correct me!

Yep I think your right finallyanameicanuse! looked closer at the second pic and whats bent is the bumper/'slam panel' which is designed to bend like that without distorting the front end-so yeah it bolts on. To be honest, parts prices aren't too bad, its sheet metal labour and painting. automotive paint costs £300 a litre :eek:

There will be some metalwork behind the headlamp (fourth pic) but apart from that its bolt-on parts.

Are the airbags blown?

what is the value of the car?

Im fine thanx mate, im hoping the other persons insurance will take responsibility for the accident, the thing that worries me is that bar that I have bent, haven’t been able to figure out what its for.

You mean, oww my back hurts !!! LOL !! Just think what you could do to your car with the £5,000 personal injury payout :D

lol saying that i do have abit of a neckache.

Nope the airbags have not blown, and its a 1.3 SR Yaris.

Yep, parkers book value for that car is at least £3200 and most insurance companies will repair damage up to 65% of the value of the vehicle- so as long as the damage is under £2000ish (it is!) they'll repair it!

Man you could get that fixed for a few hundred quid no problem, its hardly a write off. A few new parts and a bit of spraying and straightening out is all itll take. If youve bent your bumper bar dont worry a new one is 50 quid from toyota, i advise you go get all the parts from a breakers though. Or eBay. I see a lot of bumpers and lights on eBay (bumper is 90 from toyota, lights are 70 each from toyota, on eBay its about 30 for a bumper and 30-40 for a pair of lights.)

Just look in breakers and ebay for the parts, get round all the local bodyshops for a good quote, an youll be sorted!

automotive paint costs £300 a litre

I dont know what kind of paint your using, but this dude will pay nowhere near that for toyota red paint lol

I work in Motor Insurance claims so if you want any advice on how it all goes then give me a shout :)

I'm not trained in engineering at all lol but often what can happen is a car can be repaired, but when all the costs are added up for repairs it may be uneconomical to repair it.

Let us know how you get on.

wow you lot are responsive, only expected like a sympathy post. Thank you for all your help, ill keep you informed to what happens with the insurance.

I dont know what kind of paint your using, but this dude will pay nowhere near that for toyota red paint lol

Thats Sikkens water-based paint system. For repair workshops, the cheaper oil-based spraypaints are dissallowed due to environmental impact. Unfortunately, water based paint=more complicated paint mix and process! Its really costly :rolleyes:

Its all been refined now so we can actually get a better finish from water-based because it uses a multi-pak paint system which polishes up nice & glossy!

btw red paint is also notoriously hard to match/blend. not something I'd advise doing at home! especially since you're going to be able to claim on the other party's insurance :D

Ouch shame to see a red yaris SR like that :( Glad you're ok and hopefully it will be back on the road as painfree as possible in the near future!

Thats Sikkens water-based paint system. For repair workshops, the cheaper oil-based spraypaints are dissallowed due to environmental impact. Unfortunately, water based paint=more complicated paint mix and process! Its really costly :rolleyes:

Its all been refined now so we can actually get a better finish from water-based because it uses a multi-pak paint system which polishes up nice & glossy!

btw red paint is also notoriously hard to match/blend. not something I'd advise doing at home! especially since you're going to be able to claim on the other party's insurance :D

Can beat a bit of 2K great for clearing out your lungs LOL !! I remember painting my van and not realising that my air fed helmet was faulty, i felt great afterwards but had a headache later on :D

Water based paint gets melted by bird poo as well and i don't think it looks as good, either that or people don't spray cars as well as they used too, it's all orange peel effect these days.

Got a call from my insurence company this morning, the other person wont accept fault. This has annoyed me alot, this is going to take along time.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links