Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T3x Drivers Seat Removal

mintalkin

I own an 03 plate T3X. The foam in the lower seat cushion has given way and therefore the seat bar is cutting in to my butt!. Getting a new lower seat cushion is not a problem but has anyone any advise as to removing and stripping the drivers seat. I know that there is at least one airbag contained within as there is a notice on the side of the seat. The big question is can the electrical connections on the seat just be disconnected or does the Battery have to be disconnected before these connections can be pulled and if so for how long does the Battery need to be off.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any help

Disconect the Battery and wait at least half an hour for the capacitors to discharge, otherwise the airbag may deploy. When you take the seat out don't bang it about or you'll damage the sensors, oh and they don't like being turned upside down. Just take your time and be gentle and it'll go ok.

Thanks for the advice greg as soon as the weather lets me i shall have a go at removing the seat

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links