Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Change Basic Question

shroud

changed my oil today for the first time and noticed the oil filter i bought was longer than the one i took off. It seemed to fit fine, so presume that this isn't a problem and that it means i will need slightly more oil than previously due to the extra length in the filter ?

I also used a fully synthetic 5-40 Motul oil, which has a good rep. Wondered if anyone had any bad experiences using a fully syth oil as i understand that they can 'find' oil seal leaks more readily.

changed my oil today for the first time and noticed the oil filter i bought was longer than the one i took off. It seemed to fit fine, so presume that this isn't a problem and that it means i will need slightly more oil than previously due to the extra length in the filter ?

I also used a fully synthetic 5-40 Motul oil, which has a good rep. Wondered if anyone had any bad experiences using a fully syth oil as i understand that they can 'find' oil seal leaks more readily.

Was it a Toyota filter you fitted or an aftermaket type ?, if aftermaket they can be different heights.

Was it a Toyota filter you fitted or an aftermaket type ?, if aftermaket they can be different heights.

Yes it was an aftermarket filter (MOTOQUIP)

I've used Mobil 1 5/50 fully synthetic oil in my 2002 1.8 VVTi Avencis for the past 3 years - really happy with it. I change the oil once per year and filter every 6 months.

I previosly had an engine with the infamous oil problem but the short engine was changed about 18m ago and it hardly uses any oil now.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links