Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Another Ipod In A Yaris Question

se99paj

I am thinking of buying my girlfriend something that will allow her to drop her Ipod into the car and play it over the car audio system.

I have done a bit of research into this, and I have found lots of posts on here related to Ipods in the Yaris, I am not interested in the installation as I don't think this will be a problem. I am more interested in the capability.

At Ipodcarkitdirect there are two solutions:

Connects2 - This solution sounds like it is simply adding an audio connection to the back of the radio so that you can connect any audio device. Charging the Nano will need to be done separately, and you will need to operate the Ipod to make skip/pause/play tracks.

Dension - From their website this solution sounds like it is all singing and dancing, the Ipod can be controlled using the radio controls, so you don't have to mess around with the Ipod. The Ipod can also be charged at the same time using the same dock. This is specific to the Ipod so if it can't be used with a different type of MP3 player.

The girlfriend has an '02 Yaris with an old tape deck, I don't know if the full functionality of the Dension will be compatible with the current tape deck.

Also on a completely different note, there is a tape stuck in the tape deck, and the FM radio cannot pick up an FM signal, similar to some other problems that have been posted here, I am looking into getting them fixed over the weekend.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links