Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alarm

tonage

Can anyone tell me if you can do any of these on a standard alarm

: 1 can you adjust the sensitivity for the sensors

: 2 can you adjust the volume for the alarm

The car is a 1999 model on a w reg

And rear wiper not working things i should look for , How do i tell if the motor has packed in

many thanks

TONAGE!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

: 1 can you adjust the sensitivity for the sensors

: 2 can you adjust the volume for the alarm

1 = yes. (assuming righthand drive) sit in drivers seat. look at left knee. just in front of left knee is a small oblong panel built into the dash - about 3" out from the centre console and inline with the ashtray. The panel is approx 1.5" x 1".

use a small flat blade screwdriver to prise the spring clip open and remove the panel. behind this is a small black box with a grommet in it. remove the grommet. you can now see the screw head for adjusting the sensitivity. make a note of the current setting and adjust it until you are happy.

The only other way of getting to it is to get inside the footwell and unscrew the black box from its mounting - 2 phillips heads.

you'll need a few tools: 1 small flat blade, 1 very fine screwdriver of the type for adjusting glasses and 1 pair of tweezers or fine long nose grips to be able to get at the grommet.

2 = not found this yet - try masking off portions of the alarm trumpet at a time to muffle it. it is inside the drivers side front wing under the washer bottle apparently.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links