Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Your Opinion On The T. Avensis 2.2 D-4d T3-x

dreamz

I'm going to buy another avensis as my current one is rather on its slower legs

so whats your opinion on the above model?

which magazine gives the engine, ride and handling and performance 3/5 and the rest 4-5/5 eg interior

so as there will b owners of this model on here hopefully - what are your thoughts on this?

which magazine gives the engine, ride and handling and performance 3/5 and the rest 4-5/5 eg interior

so as there will b owners of this model on here hopefully - what are your thoughts on this?

I picked up my used 2006 avensis 2.2d4d t3-x on the 27th janurary and love it to bits.

there is a little road noise - which is a little disappointing - but not the end of the world.

any other questions - just ask :thumbsup:

i shud b gettin mine this weekend

i got told its a decent sounding motor

i was wonderin if it has an ipod connector or how easy would it be to install an adapter or replace the stereo?

its not one of those custom built stereos is it?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

just to let you know i got my new avensis this weekend and loving it :)

its better than i expected though a few more features in it would've been nice such as cruise control

but over all a top car!!

Hi

just to let you know i got my new avensis this weekend and loving it :)

its better than i expected though a few more features in it would've been nice such as cruise control

but over all a top car!!

I am glad you like your car :thumbsup:

Maybe you would get a few more replies if this was in the Avensis forums ;) ........................I am sure a moderator will move you shortly.

an lo it enters!

ok so i've got an ipod and i want to use it - the stereo in the car is a dual cd/tape player

aside from the option of adapting the back and leaving the ipod in the glove compartment - is there anything else i can so the ipod would be infront rather than hidden?

Hi dude

If you look through some of the older posts, there were some about fitting Denon Ipod adaptors...It can be done!! The guy I'm thinking of fitted his ipod into the lidded cubby hole under the handbrake, he added pics, it looked a decent fit!

Another place to put your ipod is in the cup holder that pops out of the dash. You can use one of those elasticated hair scrunchies to hold it in place.

Another place to put your ipod is in the cup holder that pops out of the dash. You can use one of those elasticated hair scrunchies to hold it in place.

Good place for a TomTom too, if you don't it on the windscreen. Attach the suction cup thingy, angle it like an L shape and it sits nicely in the cup holder, maybe with a elastic band for added security in the vent of a quck stop.

I have had my 6 month old 2.2 D4D T3x Tourer for two weeks now. It was a demonstrator with 600 miles on the clock and replaced my 2004 2.0L D4D. Much improved over the old car, quicker and smoother engine with similar fuel consumption. Most of the little niggles of the old car have been ironed out and now has cruise control as standard. Still has some road noise but engine noise has been reduced further. Overall very pleased with car.

Ooooh cruise control....2.2 engine...only another 18 months before mine is up for renewal!! :(

• 2 weeks later...

Cruise control as standard on this car?!

*goes to check the manual*

where?!

On the steering wheel!

dammit

not on mine - i've got stereo volume controls on one side and a button to switch the display on the computer display

dammit

not on mine - i've got stereo volume controls on one side and a button to switch the display on the computer display

It's actually controlled by a little stalk below the wiper stalk. Is yours pre-facelift? It may only be the facelift models that have cruise on anything other than T-Spirits?

:(

it could be pre-facelift

but i'm thinkin of goin to the toyota dealers nr me and see if they'll swap it for a 2.0 model rather than the one i have

and i want a hatchback too rather than the saloon i've got

do u think they will?

:(

it could be pre-facelift

but i'm thinkin of goin to the toyota dealers nr me and see if they'll swap it for a 2.0 model rather than the one i have

and i want a hatchback too rather than the saloon i've got

do u think they will?

I guess they would swap it - for a price. Is this the same dealer you bought it from, I presume they would be more willing to give you a decent deal?

Curious as to why you would want to swap to the 2.0 petrol from the 2.2 D4-D, similar performance but much better economy with the latter. Are you just not getting on well with driving a diesel? Don't forget that the diesel should be worth a fair bit more than the petrol, so bear that in mind when negotiating a swap.

no no

i'd swap it for another diesel - just one less powerful - i just feel its too powerful for me i know i can control it but with the speed it has and hte power i know i'm gonna end up doin something stupid

unfortunatly it wont b the same dealer either. but the car is well within its 30 days of purchase - maybe i shud do a straight return?

Well that's a new one, a 2.2 diesel that's 'too powerful'! I'm sorry but if you're worried about the power on a 2.2 diesel then maybe you should be looking at the Yaris range. Apologies if that sounds harsh but I doubt the 2.2 diesel has Ferrari like acceleration. If you can't handle a 2.2 diesel maybe you should consider dropping to a Yaris or re-evalute your driving skills. Sorry, that's harsh but warranted in my opinion.

no no

i'd swap it for another diesel - just one less powerful - i just feel its too powerful for me i know i can control it but with the speed it has and hte power i know i'm gonna end up doin something stupid

unfortunatly it wont b the same dealer either. but the car is well within its 30 days of purchase - maybe i shud do a straight return?

Sorry I didn't read the post properly, I saw 2.0 and added the word 'petrol' in my head! :rolleyes:

If you really don't want a 2.2 and can return it with no financial penalty then you should probably go back to the supplying dealer and get them to source a 2.0 diesel for you. As I presume they are under obligation to take the car back within 30 days then I am sure they will be keener to do you a decent swap deal than any other dealer would be - if they are a distance away try giving them a phone call first and explain that you intend returning the car.

On the other hand, I am sure you will get used to the power fairly quickly and the 2.0 is not that much slower anyway. Shame you don't have cruise control, that makes sticking to speed limits a lot easier.

Parva - slightly harsh I think! I'm sure dreamz can maintain control of the mighty 2.2, but perhaps is referring to the fact that a moment's inattention to the speedo can mean points on license? You are right in saying it's no Ferrari though. ;)

Diesel 2.2 too powerful???? is this guy for real?

has he considered a pedal bike :rolleyes:

each to their own i suppose. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links