Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Side Protection Moldings And Rubber Mats

Dunkelmann

Has anyone bought side protection moldings to prevent damage from other car doors in a car park?

If so what do they cost to buy and fit and are they colour matched?

Also where can I get plain fitted rubber (not carpet) mats. Toyota want £45 for a set!

Pentagon Toyota of Sheffield have an e-bay shop and I remember seeing the side mouldings on there. I can't remember the price but they are usually quite a bit cheaper.

I had moulding strips fitted to my t3x in june last year at mr t's the cost was as follows

mouldings £152.30

labour £34.80

that was with them sprayed to match the car

i heard that the glue on the mouldings is super strong and you only get one go at fitting to the car so instead of taking the risk i let mr t do it

Has anyone bought side protection moldings to prevent damage from other car doors in a car park?

If so what do they cost to buy and fit and are they colour matched?

Also where can I get plain fitted rubber (not carpet) mats. Toyota want £45 for a set!

Check out this website for the door mouldings.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

Funnily enough, I'm buying my new Avensis from Pentagon Toyota in Barnsley.

I'm sorely tempted........

I'd like to see more pictures though. I wonder if Pentagon Sheffield have fitted many. I've emailed them to find out.

Mintalkin - were these Toyota mouldings and where was it done?

These are the side mouldings, if you can pm your vehicle details id be happy to find a price

7021.jpg

the mouldings were supplied and fitted at inchscape toyota in Burton Upon Trent

Avensis Protection strips

Hi folks,

Avensis T3s 5Dr

I managed to obtain a set of side protector strips from Mr T , colour coded metropolis grey and fitted them myself. I think they were good value for money considering people opening doors in carparks. The car looks great. One word of advice if you are going to fit them yourself don't rush the job. Although you get dimensions to adhere to double check by eye before you finally fit them (you only get one chance) I used masking tape and a chalk line to help me

Baz

:thumbsup:

Besides the protection strips which are a good thing, it also helps if you practice 'avoidance' parking.

Something I started doing ever since I had the Mercedes, and just did it for the Avensis as well.

Basically trying to avoid parking into tight spaces, noting if the adjacent car has a child or baby seat. if the drivers seat is particulary far back from the steering wheel- all needing wider door access - and propensity for dings increases.

I tend to park in end of the row spaces which reduces probability for a ding by 50% (one side only)

or park in the quiet bits of the car park where no one else parks.

Also parking next to newer (and well loved, clean) cars rather than 10 year old battered cars for example, as that car owner will also look after their car when opening the door.

.. less dings to all :)

• 2 weeks later...

just fitted my Side Protection Moldings very easy to fit (about hour and half)

come pre-painted with full instructions all you need is masking tape to mark the lines.

asked for a discount and paid £145 all in

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links