Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Sr Review

Jazzy Jase

Was thinking about one of these to replace my Aygo next year, but this is not a good review:

Yaris SR review

"So there you have it, the Yaris SR - a car which delivers not a lot in an expensive package. Oh yes, the price - £12,995 is what Toyota are asking for this lukewarm supermini. Just say no."

:(

Well I read that review. Written imo by the typical ignorant muttering journalist.

Compares it to a CLio 197...which is rather more expensive, complains it has a 1.4 diesel and smaller engine as if that affects the model he is testing and complains that the suspension is not hard or frim enough..

So lets see: it's not a Clio 197

It has other engine options.

It's got understeer

Oh and it's too expensive..

So logical, like with like comparisons and any hard work done analysing?

Nope.

Typical journalist to me. Lazy and can't be bothered to do any work.

But don't let facts stand in the way...

Fair comments and I agree that it is a lazily written article, but if it has wallowy suspension, understeers and hs no steering feel then that is not a good sign.

He doesn't really compare it to the Clio 197 other than to say it doesn't look as good. And looks are always in the eye of the beholder. I don't particularly like the look of the 197 or Panda 100, but I do like the look of the Yaris and Corsa VXR.

At 13k it's not cheap either. Yes it is 3k cheaper than the clio and Corsa, but it is 3k more than the Panda 100. A fair comparison would be something like a Fiesta ST.

That was the first review I have read on the Yaris SR and I await reviews from more trustworthy sources such as evo. I want to like the SR, but I won't be getting one on the strength of that review.

You want to drive a corsa?!

I always thought SR version was a bit of styling and not really any more power anyway!

Am I right in thinking the SR is the new T Sport variant of the Yaris? It still doesn’t float my boat :crybaby:

To be honest, I will be looking VERY HARD at the new Corsa VXR.

Watch this space :yes:

Seems like the SR is the new T Sport.

The Corsa is an interesting one, plenty of power and torque, looks nice, but has a bit of a boy-racer image.

Besides, at £16k it's way beyond my budget of around £12k.

I'm not yet ruling out the Yaris, just considering my options.

As I'm coming from an Aygo, size isn't a factor, so I'm watching the new Fiat 500 Abarth with interest. From what I have read it shares a platform with the next Ford Ka. There's definately a 1.4 100 BHP version coming, but the Abarth is rumoured to have a 1.4 turbo with 150 BHP.

quoted from above:

I've never really got a handle on Toyota's motorsport strategy.

I mean, it's by far and away the most successful car company in the world, yet when it comes to Formula 1 Toyota's been pretty hopeless. All that money and little to show for it.

But the thing that really confuses me is the lack of sporty cars in the road car range. Renault has Renault Sport, Mercedes has AMG, BMW has the M division...

Toyota? Er, T-Sport anyone?

You spend all that cash on F1, trying to inject a bit of sport into the brand, but a normal punter can't walk into their local Toyota dealer and plump for something to blow the cobwebs away.

So so true :(

Yaris SR... with a diesel motor.... hmmm...

Is it enough for me? nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnno...

Well, maybe...

:S

A

edit: Hang about - is that not the T-Sport? Oh ffs... :(

Well they do a Corolla diesel SR and that looks mint :drool::drool:

Although now it's the FR I think ???? But you could always buy the Auris 180 ;)

*Although it does look poo :rolleyes: :!Removed!:

Personally I would look elsewhere :thumbsup:

if thats the yaris SR with 130bhp 1.8 , surely that means there is a more powerful T sport version in the pipeline?

Toyota aren't dropping the T sport brand so thats what it means to me.

I'm getting bored of this already.... if I was going to contemplate any small hatch at the moment it'd probably be the Renaultsport Clio 197....

There no such thing as a Toyota small hot hatch and it looks like there never will be! :rolleyes:

Well they do a Corolla diesel SR and that looks mint :drool::drool:

Although now it's the FR I think ???? But you could always buy the Auris 180 ;)

*Although it does look poo :rolleyes: :!Removed!:

Personally I would look elsewhere :thumbsup:

May try an Auris at the weekend, but I have a new "second vehicle" plan - its not even diesel though ;)

A

Finally! Autocar's review is actually pretty decent: :)

Autocar Yaris SR Review

I read 3-4 reviews that were really positive so I was really suprised, since it seemed that it would tank because it is not hot hatch... but it is also not as expensive, and 133hp in small package is nice.

Then I went to 4car and they hated it... weird as heck.

Autocar loved it and so did CarKeys...

You got to put it into perspective - it is not as expensive as hot hatch. Clio 197 is 3,500 GBP more expensive!!!

I could care less about hot Yaris with 200hp, because 10 people would buy them, in whole Europe!

The thing I like about a warm hatch is that it's an everyday car ...... most people that buy the clio etc get rid of them not long after because it's not pratical/affordable.

With the yaris - okay the performance might not be hot, but it's afordable insurance/petrol wise and is a car to keep rather than for a mid life crisis ;)

The thing I like about a warm hatch is that it's an everyday car ...... most people that buy the clio etc get rid of them not long after because it's not pratical/affordable.

With the yaris - okay the performance might not be hot, but it's afordable insurance/petrol wise and is a car to keep rather than for a mid life crisis ;)

Yeah, I agree completely.

A

Call me unsportsmanly but the following comment from the autoexpress review brought a smile to my face.

Toyota is proudly proclaiming the SR as “the best Yaris ever”. We don’t think it quite matches the grin-factor of the old T Sport.

In my defence though I have just spent a lot of money on one of the last 55 reg t-sports.

Call me unsportsmanly but the following comment from the autoexpress review brought a smile to my face.

Toyota is proudly proclaiming the SR as “the best Yaris ever”. We don’t think it quite matches the grin-factor of the old T Sport.

In my defence though I have just spent a lot of money on one of the last 55 reg t-sports.

Its a tad slower and looks uglier in my opinion, but its not bad!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links