Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Filling Up A Yaris

choading

Yep, am finding it happens more frequently now too :lol:

The solution for me is to turn the pump at an angle, looks & feels a bit odd but seems to relieve the problem.

It is sometimes a problem on the new Yaris..........................particularly at "Sainsbugs" filling stations.

It would appear that some of the pumps have the cut outs set a little "Light"

I too find that turning the nozzle slightly improves things :thumbsup:

I must admit, its not a problem for me.... you put the spout in the hole and away you go! :lol:

As for the clicks, it depends which petrol station you go to and how heavy handed you are.... maybe its because I have bad joints and I can't give it a very tight and strong grip... if you are finding it clicking too much, ease your grip off a bit and it'll be fine! :thumbsup:

I dont really have much of a problem either, fairly sure i just put it in and twist the bottom of the handle towards the front of the car a little bit.

It used to do it for me lots but i find you basically have to let the pump kinda hang from the filling hole rather than holding it up to it! It clicks when air can't get down the side of it so just make sure you aren't holdin the pump right into the hole! I think it's just because the yaris' filling hole is just a bit narrower than most :thumbsup:

You try filling from a high volume truck pump. Nothing, nothing, nothing... FACEFUL!

Normally? Don't have an issue until it hits about 40 litres. Then I have to ek the next 2 in really, really, gently.

A

I must admit, its not a problem for me.... you put the spout in the hole and away you go! :lol:

As for the clicks, it depends which petrol station you go to and how heavy handed you are.... maybe its because I have bad joints and I can't give it a very tight and strong grip... if you are finding it clicking too much, ease your grip off a bit and it'll be fine! :thumbsup:

Em :eek: ...................I had to check the thread title to remember what it was we were talking about :yahoo::lol::lol: ;)

Em :eek: ...................I had to check the thread title to remember what it was we were talking about :yahoo::lol::lol: ;)

You do have a filthy mind Steve! :lol::lol:

You do have a filthy mind Steve! :lol::lol:

Moi? ;) :lol::lol:

Turning the bottom of the fuel pump handle towards the rear bumper approximately 45º stops the above mentioned problems when refuelling...

:thumbsup:

Turning the bottom of the fuel pump handle towards the rear bumper approximately 45º stops the above mentioned problems when refuelling...

:thumbsup:

Yup. I always used to put the tip in, twist it sideways, and shove it in!!! :eek:

never had any problem, i just whack er in there

in fact, i always put the wee catch on the nozzle so you dont have to hold it and dander about till its near done

never had a problem lol i too aim good with my aim :2guns::yahoo:

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\i used to work in a filling station and saw these probs on certain cars. Had to learn ways of filling diff cars easily.

Yaris, put nozzle in fully, retract around 25mm and slight turn clockwise. Start off slow then speed up till full speed acheived. If you got it right and the pump is not faulty, should fill to nearly full no probs. Toyota say stop filling on clicks, I round up maybe another litre. Makes a difference on a long journey. :yahoo:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links