Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

First Service - Dunlop Tyres

angel2536

Hi

I put my Yaris T3 in for it's first service yesterday - it's done 10,200 miles and is a year old in March. My Fiance and I couldn't believe it when we were told it needed two front tyres!!!!!! Both were well below the legal limit and the service guy told us I'm not the first one who's been told this at first service. I do predominantly motor way driving - my last yaris did over 30,000 miles and even then the tyres were only just needing replaced before I traded it in (goodyear ones though).

Has anyone else had similar problems with Dunlop tyres?

The service man told me that several cars have had the same problem at their first service and they've had a Dunlop representative out to investigate. There's obviously something not right.

I'm going to contact Toyota and Dunlop as the service desk advised me to do, probably won't get me anywhere but at least it highlights the problem.

Any other info/advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Angel

different tyres vary, there's no exact amount of miles for the tread on your tyres.

Some tyres you get high miles others you get less, usually the higher price and better quality tyres give you more miles but it all varies.

I have had my rear dunlop SP sport 9000's on since car was new (6 years) and its done 34 thousand now!

Obviously fronts will wear quicker but your story seems very odd and needs investigating!

Milage from ANY brand of tyre varies too much.. even on 2 cars of the same make and model, one car could get 5000 miles and the other could get 25000 miles.

Road surfaces, driving style, car set up and even temperature can have an effect on tyre wear.

All i can say is.. if you are not happy with Dunlop, try another brand, (Its NOT allways the case that a brand name tyre will last you longer).. you had a good experience with Goodyear before.. give them or Bridgestone a try on this car.

Oh!.. and welcome to the club :thumbsup:

Just got some Toyo CF1 Proxes (14") put on the front of mine last Saturday currently only done ~150 miles on them so can't comment on the durability.

However the road noise seems to be a lot better and the grip has certainly improved from the cheap tyres I had on when I purchased it (which i got fed up waiting to wear down)

Mainly posting this to add another option for you as Toyos seem a popular choice here.

The Dunlop wear seems excessive I'd try and get another free set out of Dunlop first.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links