Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Door Speakers Urgent?

calgon

17cm fit with an adapter! You can either buy the autolead adapter which also comes with helpful plug and play wires so no need for soldering or you can just cut spacers out of wood! I would say deffo go for 17cms to add a bit more range :thumbsup:

10cm in the dash

17cm in the door, but I already had 13cm Speakers from my previous car, so I made a spacer out of MDF and used that to fit the Speakers.

whatever you do, just make sure the window doesn't catch the speaker on the way down, otherwise you'll need a bigger spacer

Or hit a problem like i did where the window catches on the way down, but you can't space out any more as the front is ont the door cards....

And avoid spacing too much as then the speaker hits the door cards speaker grill and rattles annoyingly!

I still havnt got rid of this on mine! Have had no door cards on now for bout three weeks otherwise it drives me insane - need to stop being lazy n make some MDF rings!

Annoyingly on mine the passenger one hit the door card (so i just pulled the door card away a little (unnoticeable but stops it hitting!)) and the drivers side doesn't but has an annoying rattle with bass which i can prevent by leaning on the door card :P I think it may be the linkage for the door pin/lock thingy rattling away! I got rid of it but it comes back to stay if i hit a bump :P

Will do dude!

I have to lock my doors while driving now as i get an annoying noise from one of the locks if i dont!

im looking to buy components for my yaris as soon as possible does any 1 know what size the door speakers are?i know the dash speakers are 10cm but it looks like there a bit small would 13cm speakers fit in there?

factory door Speakers are 13cm. your right about the 10cm dash ones being a bit small, my vibe blackhex dash Speakers are square and one corner doesn't quite reach the screw hole, i had to use a larger washer to hold it tight against the plastic. Not sure if 13's would fit in dash though... :lol:

ok? so there 17cm and 13cm original eh how does that work?i just want to replace the Speakers in the doors not do any mods to the mounts or anything just replace with better components.

they are 6.5" inch/ 17cm door Speakers

if you want to upgrade them you need to buy adaptors from audioleads because the back of the speaker stops the window from going down fully. and because the orginal door Speakers are built in to there own adaptors so they have to be removed. one taken out there are 3 holes and new door Speakers wont line up with these with out the needed adaptor (or u can make ur own )

adaptors are £19.99 from hal-frauds if you need the part number jst let me know

hope this helps

I put 17cm components in the doors and the tweeters under the covers in the dash. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links