Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Car Help...

T V O R

YarisSR.jpg

So the new ‘T Sport’ looks like its going to be the SR and coming out in April. The performance figures are hardly going to set my pants on fire :angry:

I have my heart set on the new Honda Civic Type R which comes out in March, but I have an alarm bell ringing in my head about owning such a nice car... getting car jacked :ffs:

The Yaris T Sport isn’t an ‘In ya face’ type motor, it is subtle and doesn’t shout “Look at me”. I feel owning a Type R is like waving a red flag to the all the pikeys in the area and would be a little concerned of either getting broken into for the keys or followed and mugged.

This has happened a lot of times within a 20 mile radius of where I live (with Type R’s, Ford ST’s Nissan GT’s etc) and to someone I work with.

The common denominator is that the cars stolen with force fit the Type R category.

So the question is this:

Keep my T Sport (04 plate, 15,000 miles, best car I’ve ever had)

Look seriously at the new SR Yaris

Or Mitsubishi Colt Turbo? Same price as the new Yaris SR

Or something else?

Your thoughts please...

Sorry but my first thought would be why are you letting car criminals run your life? If you want a Civic Type R, then go and get what you want! You can't let jumped up little :censor: 's control what you do or which car you buy.

Its your money and your life at the end of the day, if you want a nice car, you've earned it, so go get one! The risk is there no matter what you drive, we could all get jacked.... if its gonna happen, its gonna happen. Yeah the risk is slightly more with a hot hatch, but you only have one life and if it were me, I'd get the damn nice car and run the ever so slight extra risk. You could get hit by a bus tomorrow, so life live for today, why settle for 2nd or 3rd best - I wouldnt.

I totally agree with what you are saying Em, but that alarm is ringing loud and proud. I need to follow my instincts and its saying don’t buy a hot hatch :crybaby:

Suzuki Swift Sport

Terrible security rating, I did take a very close look at the Swift but its let down by basic security.

It only has a 2 star Thatcham rating (T Sport Yaris has 5 stars)

New Yaris is terrible, have had one for the last 2 days as a curtesy effort, and people at Toyota dont even know about a potential sports version as theyre more fired up about this tardy !Removed! diseasal with 180bhp (ooooooooooooh! gimme a break)

Youll only get jacked if you live in a s**t hole, and if your in London then youll find theres much nicer and 'jackable' cars than Civic Type Rs floating round.

If it bothers you so much, get a Clifford alarm system fitted with the anti-hijack system

How much is the Swift?

If it's like a £500 or more saving on the Yaris, then get it, and as Jaxx said, get an uber security system.

Peace of mind, and discount for insurance...

New type-r really isn't upto much and I'm a Honda man through and through. I think it's a disgrace that honda keep watering down the Type-R Badge more and more to the point it's now nothing but an over-powered shopping car. It's about time Honda brought over the DC5, thats the last car worthy of the Badge. The Type-r is about stripped out cars at home on the road or the track, minimum weight, decent power and awesome handling.

I'd stick with your T-Sport, thats what im after once the DC2 has sold, that way both me and the fiancee can drive it, the Tegs a bit of a handful for her.

The whole "what to replace the Yaris with" question is a right bummer. I'm considering a significant sideways step, but it just wouldn't be practical for someone who lives in central London.

You could wait until the "Smart Roadster with decent gearbox" comes out in a year or so's time or you could look at the Colt. I think the CZT is worth a nosey and so, potentially, is the Polo GTi...

:thumbsup:

A

edit: What about the Panda 100hp. It looks a hoot, but I'm not sure I'd want to buy/own one. Why not? It WILL break and the dealer WILL be total crap.

im gona state the obvious by saying, lock your doors while driving. get the car you want, dont let scum dictate your life

Yeah don't go FIAT my mate bought the 1.1 (i think?) panda and it broke within a week so he upgraded to the 1.2 which i'm just waiting for things to go wrong with! Mates Seicento or cinquento (never know difference) Gearbox, clutch, radiator and clutch line all have problems with the clutch line being replaced twice in the few months he's been driving!

I still think your mad for not buying a car incase it gets hijacked? It would be so ironic if you were to get hijacked in the brand new yaris! Surely still likely! Obviously i don't wish you were hijacked at all! (Don't interpret that way) I'm just saying either car could be hijacked so dont think that not buying a hot hatch will save you! Everyone is at risk! You could say any new car runs that risk so dont end up in a metro out of pure fear you may get hijacked!

Buy the car you want, take extra safety precautions if you must! Tint the windows, fit aftermarket alarm do what you want! If it was to get stolen, it would be insured so you haven't really got anything to worry about! Just don't not buy the car you want! Tbh if you're that worried (you sound pretty dam scared mate) move house/area?! :wacko:

I'd stick with your T-Sport, thats what im after once the DC2 has sold,

Probably the best advice I’ve had so far! :thumbsup:

Been looking at the Honda Civic forum and ALL the problems with the new Civic are concerning. Maybe due to being built in the UK!

The T Sport name is being dropped in the UK by Toyota :crybaby:

SR Review

Turbo??

I think I will go for a rest drive of the new SR to see what all the fuss is about before making any decision. Reasonable price as well :yes:

my advice is buy a yaris zinc diesel for £11000 only 1 second slower than that excuse of a hot hatch 1.8sr,then you get over 50 to the gallon and £50 a year roadtax ,buy a nice set of wheels for it ,that surely is the reasonable thing to do :D

vari038.jpg

I'd obviously recommend a VW Golf GT TDI 150 or I wouldn't have bought 1. It's more than lived up to my expectations, I absolutely love it (I have been comparing it with my old 1.0 Yaris though to be fair). For around £13k you could get an absolute gem with cash to spare, or even a V5 or R32 if the insurance wouldn't abuse you.

mates parents have the colt turbo :D its a mint car very swarve inside and its really nippy

Bit like the T Sport then?!

:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Chap who sits next to me has got a 6 month old Civic which he bought from new after downgrading from a RX8 and he loves it.

Not had a single issue with it and its quite funky interior.

With regards to the CTR not being all that.. only a true 'onda enthusiast would say that especially coming form a chap who owns a ITR which is by far the most affordable and best 'R' on the market.

Stick to the Type R if thats what you really want. Sod everything else as life really is too short.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links