Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ponds In My Avensis

dkan

Was loading up the boot this afternoon, when I heard the sloshing sound of water. Removed the boot carpet and the compartment holding the spare wheel and the smaller compartment on the drivers side was full of water.... :eek: Strange thing was the carpet was dry. spent all afternoon checking the boot seals, etc. and nothing, all was fine. Then finally traced it to the rear light...the seal between the lens and the back plastic had gone allowing water to get the boot via the back of the lights.....I guess it's rear lights has the same problem as the front lights......the quality of Toyota is definately suffering as they grow bigger and bigger.....I don't think I will buy another Toyota again. It's a 53reg Avensis T2. Anyway to repair the seals or is it a new rear light ?

Quick fix: run some window sealant around the seal. On my wife's Carina I did this; I took the light cover off and ran the window sealant around the old seal. I used a brown sealant which did not show up against the dark blue of the car. No leaks now and a cheap fix.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links