Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dash Compartment

tsport_stu

Hey all.. If I remove the multidisplay screen, is there a compartment box I can get to put in it's place?

Thing is i'm thinking of replacing the tns200 sat nav with a standalone garmin/tomtom type, and having already changed my headunit the only features i'd be missing are the clock and mpg stats etc right? :unsure: Does anyone know if this sort of part is available? :help:

Stu

If I remember rightly, on some Yaris I've seen, can't remember where it was from, but they had a little cubby hole there instead, like a tiny little glove box sort of thing?

If I remember rightly, on some Yaris I've seen, can't remember where it was from, but they had a little cubby hole there instead, like a tiny little glove box sort of thing?

Yep, thats what I'm looking for!

Sure, it's standard JDM parts. Another option would be to fit a flip out screen in there...

flip screen would be nice - i've just seen a photo of that install on yaris-club.com, will remember that for the future.. :lol: So could I get cubby box through the Mr T, or is there somewhere online? I've had a bit of a search but haven't found anything yet..

Why not build a custom compartment out of fibreglass you could even build in the tomtom

Why not build a custom compartment out of fibreglass you could even build in the tomtom

that would probably be the best idea, but having never used fibreglass in my life i wrote the idea off as as potential disaster! :lol::lol:

if you can get into contact with the scrappy in Japan, you could get one from them easily!

As far as I know, a lot of the standard Yaris in Japan have no trip computer like ours... and they have a tray instead! Which is exactly what you want!

1.3_interior_7K6_PakWheels(com).jpg

image.jpg

that would probably be the best idea, but having never used fibreglass in my life i wrote the idea off as as potential disaster! :lol::lol:

Well i'ts not that difficult if you look on the web there are a few guides to building fibre glass sub boxes, basically in your case i would take out the computer put the dash back on then build a box to fit the hole tape the dash up and cover the whole dash with plastic sheeting incase you spill some fbireglass resin, then tape the gapes over and once you have got the right shape using tape lay your fibreglass matting (cut in thin strips) and resin over the top.

This will give you your box then all you have to do is build whatever you want into the box. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links