Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Heyyy All Afew Questions Regarding Ice... N What Not.

Adz_Yaris

Heyyy all, just fitting an aftermarket HU at the mo just to hear wot it sounds like nothing good but its got a DVD player ect...i dont think but yeh thought it will do me for the time bein bein a student an all. lol. am just going to fit it in the money slot at the bottom for the min till i get the main toyota part ect...

any ideas including pix of how to install the green loom to like 6x9's at the back ect... would be helpful because im not very good at things like wiring ect... lol. Like i dont really know what wires to use for it.

I'd also like to know some other things. lollll if yall dont mind :D.

Fitting footwell neons, how do i go about connecting them to the power (eg Battery or something) because i know its been explained but i still dont seem to really understand how its connected to the Battery :| you probably think am a propa !Removed! now, im not really lol its just i want to be sure dont wanna be blowing up ma belovied yaris now :D hehe not considering i think am in love with it, pretty much like u lot lolllllllll anyway any help would be much appriciated. many thanks. Adam :D:D

I connected my neons to Head unit because for some reason cig lighter wouldnt work.

I did this by splicing the wire then using electricians tape to cover it back up.

Regards the wiring loom you connect it up and you will see that there is now a free connector, just wire up the 6x9's and run cable down car and connect rear Speakers above, i think you may have to splice cable again but not sure as that was one of first mods i did!

Good luck!

Basically doing it again i would do the following:

Remove the panel just in front of the door under the dash and locate the connector that connects the wires from the door to the wiring loom.

Pull the connector out and work out which wires connect the door Speakers to the connector.

Cut these wires, connect the cables running to your 6x9's to the connector - This means your 6x9's are nowrunning off the rear channel and you door speaker cables are now blowing in the wind.

Now take the dash grill off take out the speaker (you might want to replace this with some 5mm MDF to help keep the noise down) and connect a new cable to the cables running to the speaker, run this new cable down under the dash and connect it to the cables running to the door speaker - This means your door Speakers are running off the front channel

Run the cables left and right under the trims that run down each side of the car into the boot, i ran mine out of the grills behind the lights.

hmm there good ideas think what im planning on doing is running dash and coaxials ( door ) of the loom as the front channel and the 6x9 as the rear channel... not sure yet though :| do i need to splice cables as i was told getting this saved you splicing the cables as power is ok, but sound i dont like doing it due to chancing a decrease in quality :) many thanks.

hmm also just wondering about the dash Speakers? are they easy to change like without building custom enclosures ect.. anyone b abl to point me in the right way for good sounding Speakers? i currently have only got the standard door Speakers and the standard dash speakers i wanna upgrade them bit by bit lol many thanks in advance.

Standard dash Speakers, any 10cm should fit! Put up some potential Speakers in your price range and we will give opinions! If running aftermarket Speakers i would just say get components running off the front channel (Tweeters in dash and Woofer in doors) and 6*9s off rear channel. Otherwise your gona have overpowered rear sound which brings the sound stage backwards (bad :(). Or you could amp the components and have dash on front channel and 6*9s on rear. Tbh installation is the key part to sound quality! Dynamat those doors, run power down the opposite side to speaker lines (for amp), 6*9s in a proper made shelf not the original flimsy one etc. all make it sound much better!

Good luck and ask away if any more questions!

i agree that advice was amazing, see what im trying to do is put the Speakers in first, n then get used to my car more before i plan on dynomat exetra! lol so im getting the Speakers ready to put in :).... i think what im doing atm is having the door and the dash running of the front channel and the rear 6x9 running of the rear channel and a sub (much later on) running through an amp does that sound ok ish with you if i upgrade the dash Speakers first and leave the door speakers for the timebeing, due it you having to pop the rivets out ect.. i want to get used to the car first before i start drilling etc.. hehe :$.. tell me wot you think bout that setup ish and ill try n find some good 10cm's for the dash speakers for you to look through, or am a better getting tweeters for the dash speakers lol help is much appriciated cant wait till the next meet to come along to see you all :) adam.

Halfords or an online retailer, i got something similar on eBay andit cost less as well.

Adz:

Fit some components in the doors andhave the tweets in the space in the dash, i did this and its pretty easy, hardest part is cutting wood to fit the hole, but tesco are selling jigsaws for about £12 at the moment. :thumbsup:

DSCN3590.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links