Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2 Questions!

mromecin

Two questions people, how do you spray the bumper strips on the Yaris and i'm looking to get some boot lifters for my bonnet, how would i go aquiring some and installing them, cheers people!

There isnt a specific kit for bonnet lifters for the Yaris unfortuantely as far as I know, you have to purchase a kit which fits Puntos & Astra's IIRC.

I brought one for mine but never got around to fitting it as I didnt have a clue where to drill my bonnet, and now I've got a carbon one I won't be fitting them, I don't really want the bonnet to smack me in the chin :lol:

On the painting side of the things, you obviously need to prise out the mouldings from the bumper, then its down to basic, sand the surface smooth and build on a few layers of plastic primer. Key the primer, then paint the moulding in small strokes, gradually building up layers. After about 3 coats or so whack on some laquer and jobs a good 'un.

I'll find you an in depth guide to colour coding on the net tomorrow as seeing pics and a better description than mine would be a lot better.

bonnet lifters are sold on eBay and cost £25, they fit the punto mk 1 & 2 and a few vauxhalls.

Pretty easy to fit, bit I never got round to making a guide when I fitted mine.

if you need any more info when you come to fitting these give me a pm and i'll help you as much as I can, i've fitted 3 lots in the past year.

before you go fitting you will need some large metal washers (about 4), I cannot remember if these come in the packs or not as the pack varies often.

I dont think i'll bother with bonnet lifters anymore, it was more just curiosity. Spraying my bumper strips is something wanna do, the dull grey is getting to me!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links