Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hand Brake Light And A Few Other Problems...

dreamz

car details - a 1998 avensis, t-reg, 120K, 1.8 gl, a/w, p/s,

I'm selling the above car soon as i've got a new shape avensis and before i do i want to fix up a few things inside so that the buyer doesnt knock me price down too much

The first thing i would like to fix up is more a cosmetic thing - the handbrake light comes on when accelerating. its been passed for MOT since the problem surfaced so its more like a contact thats come loose

where would i have to look to fix it or would a garage be a better place for it to be sorted?

secondly the panel with the fan controls - the lights under that have stopped working. i think its a fuse - where would the fuse box be?

thirdly - what would be an ideal price for the spec of the car above

1) This may not be cosmetic but the pad wear indicator light.......................It may have recently passed the MOT but the pads could well be near the end of their useful life.

If you are not sure get a garage to check

2) Not sure about the fan control lights................I am sure an Avensis owner will be able to help soon

3) Best check with one of the used car buyers mags. I hope that you are not too dissapointed in how little it is worth at nine years old :(

1) is the brake fluid level ok as this would make the light come on this would explain as to why it comes on when you accelerate.

2)Its more likely its the bulbs behind the fan switch that have blown, if it was a fuse you would more than likely loose all dash lights and possibly side lights to.

3)look around on the net and local papers to see what others are selling for

car details - a 1998 avensis, t-reg, 120K, 1.8 gl, a/w, p/s,

I'm selling the above car soon as i've got a new shape avensis and before i do i want to fix up a few things inside so that the buyer doesnt knock me price down too much

The first thing i would like to fix up is more a cosmetic thing - the handbrake light comes on when accelerating. its been passed for MOT since the problem surfaced so its more like a contact thats come loose

where would i have to look to fix it or would a garage be a better place for it to be sorted?

secondly the panel with the fan controls - the lights under that have stopped working. i think its a fuse - where would the fuse box be?

thirdly - what would be an ideal price for the spec of the car above

Here's the fix for the heater control lights HERE... take some time but well worth it!

Depending on the condition/history mate, it's not going to be worth much at all (I'd say around £1500 or so). Hence I'm keeping mine around forever! :lol:

paul - i'll have a check - i just thought it was a faulty connector puttin the light on - didnt even think of the brake fluid/pads

to come and think of it - the MOT guy did say the pads were gettin a lil thin and would need replacing... - if that was the case - would it be the front pads he was referring to?

purve - yeah i've got it down for around 1500 - its in pretty good nick after a valet and wash.

ur's seems to be pretty damned hot. love the alloys and hte silver look - they match well together.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links