Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Headlights

Muarrif

Hi All,

I have a Toyota Avensis 2003 model TS3. The headlights are manual but the problem is that dash board gage lights stay on even during the day i.e. the speedo meter and rev meter back lights. But this causes a problem as I often forget to turn on the lights at night simply because the dashboard lights are one and i automatically assume headlights are on. Like normal cars if the dash board lights were off I would be prompted to switch on the lights.

Now the only option I have is to convert them to auto but the question is how? Or even somesort of buzzer that would prompt me to switch on the lights at night.

Any ideas?

I did that when I first got my Avensis - I've now got into the habbit of driving with them on all the time, at least that way I shouldn't forget when its dark. As for automatic lights, I've not seen any kits that you can buy. It's strange that Toyota think its worthwhile to put a little orange LED in the roof above the gear stick to light it up for you but not install automatic headlamps.

I did that when I first got my Avensis - I've now got into the habbit of driving with them on all the time, at least that way I shouldn't forget when its dark. As for automatic lights, I've not seen any kits that you can buy. It's strange that Toyota think its worthwhile to put a little orange LED in the roof above the gear stick to light it up for you but not install automatic headlamps.

I have the new model Avensis with auto sensing headlights. To be honest I used them a few times but have now stopped. When in auto and driving in daylight they tend to come on when you go under a bridge then off again when you come out giving the impression you are flashing your lights. There doesn't seem to be any way to adjust sensitivity of them.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

You can adjust the settings of the dash lighting using the button that's on the dash, on the speedo.

Press it and it display ------- you than adjust the number of --- to reduce or increase the brightness.

Hello, i have avensis 2004year.And i want to ask what is the way to remove the headlighs. My lens on the headlights is very dusty.And i want to wash it,but is very difficult to thrust o.'s hand in them.Is there a way to take down the headlights without remove the bumper,or other way.Thank you very much.Sorry for my bad english.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links