Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iso File Convertor?

Fizz

right.. i have downloaded a dvd in multiple .rar files...

I have then extracted this file which is now an .ISO file.

What i want to do is to convert it into divx format...

How is this done?

Any help would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

I thought an Iso was a disk image file. Basically ( I think, waiting for James to correct me here !! ) using Nero ( or whatever burning software you have ) burn the image to DVD. There will be an option somewhere in your burner software about selecting/burning an ISO/Image rather than copying a file over. This should do it AFAIK

Well first of all youll need the contents of the ISO.. Just right click it and open with winrar.. and then extract the contents..

If it is actually a DVD then you will have VOB files and folders... You will need to encode it to a avi with Divx or Xvid format.. there are programs that can do this automatically for you.

Or in future download DVD RIP :P

Rich is right... .ISO is an image file.

All you need is nero or DVD decryptor and burn the image to disc... If Nero is what you use then this will be easier.. use nero to "burn image".. pick the ISO file and burn job done.

If you don't intend to write the iso to disk, ie you want to watch the video on your computer....

Daemon Tools will mount the image and emulate a drive. So it will pretend to be another dvd drive and that the iso image is a disk inside the drive.

Very useful if you don't wish to keep burning disks.

Nice on chaps! :)

So if i want to convert it.. I need to extract the .VOB files and then use a convertor to divx/avi.

Basically i want to be able to use it on my PSP... hence it does not need to be in DVD format. :) Will give it a try later..

Not for PSP..

get PSP video 7 or sommat like that, does it alll for you!

Next time you download a DVD, make sure its a DVDrip then you dont have to do all this as itll already be avi

Not for PSP..

get PSP video 7 or sommat like that, does it alll for you!

Next time you download a DVD, make sure its a DVDrip then you dont have to do all this as itll already be avi

Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors aint exactly widely available so you take whats on offer.. :lol:

I tried to install PSP Video 7 but it is only a partial download which requires the net for the rest of the install which i dont have back home. :!Removed!:

Good point Moffmo

Just installed DVD santa on my PC - it does AVI to DVD but not the other way round :(

hmm - sure i've had something that does DVD to AVI.

J

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links