Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Poor Quality Petrol?

Demonic Angel

If they do, I'm gonna start burning things... :ffs:

I dunno dude.......... have you seen the price of petrol these days??? :lol:

If they do, I'm gonna start burning things... :ffs:

I dunno dude.......... have you seen the price of petrol these days??? :lol:

Don't worry. I've got some stale stuff in the garage... :thumbsup:

Iv always said that supermarket fuels are crap, ffs just buy decent fuel, for an extra couple of quid it's worth it.

Well said Gray. I used to fill up at ASDA (part of the Walmart family don't you know...) all the time, but it is off my route on the way to work, so now I always fill up at either the Texaco near my house or the BP on the road into work, and not being funny, for the extra penny per litre it costs its hardly gonna break the bank!! That's 35p per fillup... in the grand scheme of things i think i can live with myself! :P

Tescos are now doing 3p off per litre when you spend in store with a club card (not sure how much you have to spend)

Iv always said that supermarket fuels are crap, ffs just buy decent fuel, for an extra couple of quid it's worth it.

Well said Gray. I used to fill up at ASDA (part of the Walmart family don't you know...) all the time, but it is off my route on the way to work, so now I always fill up at either the Texaco near my house or the BP on the road into work, and not being funny, for the extra penny per litre it costs its hardly gonna break the bank!! That's 35p per fillup... in the grand scheme of things i think i can live with myself! :P

You must be minted mate!!! :lol:

You must be minted mate!!! :lol:

Its all about image jon!! What my adoring public sees and all that... :P

• 7 months later...

I am guessing that ESCO petrol is NOW ok to buy ...Oct 2007 ???

I have a Rav4 - Y reg - 4.1 - year 2000 .

Have been using Unleaded for 4 months ( since purchase) and JUST tried a FULL tank of Super Unleaded .... it SEEMED to run a little smoother or MAYBE it was the PLACEBO effect !?

Any thoughts on Super Unleaded folks ??

Can it do any harm ???

Have been using Unleaded for 4 months ( since purchase) and JUST tried a FULL tank of Super Unleaded .... it SEEMED to run a little smoother or MAYBE it was the PLACEBO effect !?

Any thoughts on Super Unleaded folks ??

You need 2 or 3 tanks full of it before you start getting any noticable effects, unless you disconnect your Battery for a few hours your car will need more than 1 fill to get used to the change in fuel & give you any chance of making the extra money worth it :thumbsup:

The problem was identified and isolated 9 months ago so I’m sure the fuel is now OK :thumbsup:

lol i went live from northampton about it

The fuel I run my Hilux off is Tesco....

Isle 7 I think ;)

As for "high end cars on supermarkets" tosh.. for a long time Tesco 99 Ron was still the highest octane rated fuel thats readily avalaible, and Everyone in my family uses it...

If course with "high end" cars they don't reccomend using regular, and the super was unaffected.

Its not avalaible one a large scale, its is priced at something silly, and it wasn't about when this thread started!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links