Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Congestion Charge Scheme Aimed At...

Fizz

Well it's certainly less invasive on the surface but whether it's a better solution or not, I still don't know.

I'm with you Fizz (not literally!). I need to work on the girlfriend a bit more and convince her how much better Australia will be to England. :)

With my wife already having a dual Canadian/British passport that aint an issue... infact she told me from day one that onces she gets married she wants to emmigrate back there...

Just getting a couple of more years experience of my work under my belt then its all go.

West Van is one of the best places in the world .

I worked there for 6 months and loved it

Vancouver i presume your cahtting about?

Well we are looking at a place called cambridge which is just outside of Toronto... :thumbsup:

Well it's certainly less invasive on the surface but whether it's a better solution or not, I still don't know.

I'm with you Fizz (not literally!). I need to work on the girlfriend a bit more and convince her how much better Australia will be to England. :)

I've recently come back from Holiday in Australia and already want to go back.

Not everything is good news out there; while Petrol is about 60p a litre, they do love speed cameras and they have plenty of toll Motorways. Even the unlimited speed limit in the outback ended at the beginning of the year; the maximum limit on sealed roads is now 130kph (80mph). The politicians do appear to fairly useless (and corrupt) and the television is better than the USA, but not as good as the UK.

However, if you want to live somewhere where the people are a lot more honest, you'd better go and apply for that work visa.

As for where to settle, Perth is growing very fast, although Melbourne has real appeal as well. Additionally, if you like driving trucks and don't mind the heat, they are looking for drivers for dumper trucks for the mines in the outback, offering silly money and the possibility of becoming a full citizen after two years.

Vancouver i presume your cahtting about?

Well we are looking at a place called cambridge which is just outside of Toronto... :thumbsup:

Yes Vancouver , Dundarave - I've been to Toronto a few times too , we stayed about an hour outside of the city in Newmarket . Another Lovely city but just not up to the standards of Vancouver :thumbsup:

Ten fold better than the uk though bud !! Good luck .

if theyre going to treat the roads as a business and charge for using them... the next time a stone dinks off my car or I run over glass I'll be suing the council for the cost through the small claims cost. If made late to work through roadworks I'll sue for lost earnings.... hope everyone else does too....

50000000 claims in the small claims courts might make them change their minds

I've recently come back from Holiday in Australia and already want to go back.

Not everything is good news out there; while Petrol is about 60p a litre, they do love speed cameras and they have plenty of toll Motorways. Even the unlimited speed limit in the outback ended at the beginning of the year; the maximum limit on sealed roads is now 130kph (80mph). The politicians do appear to fairly useless (and corrupt) and the television is better than the USA, but not as good as the UK.

However, if you want to live somewhere where the people are a lot more honest, you'd better go and apply for that work visa.

As for where to settle, Perth is growing very fast, although Melbourne has real appeal as well. Additionally, if you like driving trucks and don't mind the heat, they are looking for drivers for dumper trucks for the mines in the outback, offering silly money and the possibility of becoming a full citizen after two years.

Yeah same here. I went out for a month in december/january primarily for my sister's wedding but I managed to do some travelling (Hamilton Island, Brisbane, Uluru, Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney *phew*)

I know what you mean about the speed limits. I drove a few cars whilst I was out there (clocked up about 3000km actually) and on my drive from adelaide to Sydney, the 110kph speed limit really annoyed me. It took some getting used to because I'd go to overtake someone doing 109kph only to find the cars in the next 2 lanes were also doing 109. And when someone does finally decide to overtake someone else, they do it 1kph faster than the person they are overtaking, so it takes them about 6 or 7 minutes to perform the manouver. I ended up showing them how the Brits overtake ;)

As for places to live - Well Perth would be my first choice for when I have just arrived as I have family there, but I'm a Londoner by heart so I'd probably want to move to Sydney as I really enjoyed it there.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links