Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Please Help

chrisf

Hello

can any one shed some light as to what could have caused a catastropic engine failure on a previa with 30,000k reg 53. i bough the car from a main dealer as i wanted some thing reliable and useful for my expanding family. i asked to see the service log to which they replied that they had one but that it had been ,mislaid??????. they showed me a print out from sailsbury where it orginaly came from (again main dealer). and sure enough it showed that it had been service every 10,000 miles. however there was one entry which said customer brought vechile in with red oil light warning and that was it. i though oh perhaps the light came on because the level was a little low and they topped it afterall thats why we have them is`nt it. so i bought it,. it started to gnaw away at me so i phoned sailsbury spoke to the service department who confirmed it had been serviced every 10,000 mile and whjen i enquired about the other entry i was told oh yes that was a big one under warrenty the short block and cylinder head costing nearly £7,000.both cab, trading standards, and the finance company say its okay and that i havent any come back because A) they dont have to discolose that info because it was done under warrenty., B) waterlooville say they didnt know which i half believe ,c) trading standards say i should have asked directly whether this type of work was carried out and what was i complaing for as i have a new engine. yes i know i have but i have lost all confidence in this one, there is a newer one on the forcourt an 06 with 10,000 i might go for that,. please help i know it s a long one!!!. :yahoo:

Hello

can any one shed some light as to what could have caused a catastropic engine failure on a previa with 30,000k reg 53. i bough the car from a main dealer as i wanted some thing reliable and useful for my expanding family. i asked to see the service log to which they replied that they had one but that it had been ,mislaid??????. they showed me a print out from sailsbury where it orginaly came from (again main dealer). and sure enough it showed that it had been service every 10,000 miles. however there was one entry which said customer brought vechile in with red oil light warning and that was it. i though oh perhaps the light came on because the level was a little low and they topped it afterall thats why we have them is`nt it. so i bought it,. it started to gnaw away at me so i phoned sailsbury spoke to the service department who confirmed it had been serviced every 10,000 mile and whjen i enquired about the other entry i was told oh yes that was a big one under warrenty the short block and cylinder head costing nearly £7,000.both cab, trading standards, and the finance company say its okay and that i havent any come back because A) they dont have to discolose that info because it was done under warrenty., B) waterlooville say they didnt know which i half believe ,c) trading standards say i should have asked directly whether this type of work was carried out and what was i complaing for as i have a new engine. yes i know i have but i have lost all confidence in this one, there is a newer one on the forcourt an 06 with 10,000 i might go for that,. please help i know it s a long one!!!. :yahoo:

i personaly wouldn,t worry if its had a genuine toyota engine fitted it shouldn,t be a problem ,but like you say i can see why you where concerned.for toyota to have changed it under warranty there must have been a fault on the engine so your new engine shouldn,t have the same problem as any mods to the engines for this fault should have been sorted on the new engine. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links