Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Parking Distance Control Prob When Towbar Is Fitted

Gerard D

Hi, I have an LC4 Landcruiser which I purchased recently, it has a Toyota Parking Aid fitted (TPA 400) I have just fitted a Toyota flanged towbar, and the Parking Aid has now picked this up so when I engage reverse it picks it up as a long continous tone with intermittent bleeps. After looking at the TPA manual it says nothing about retro fitted towbars. Can anyone help or do I have to bring this to the dealer to fix. Thanks in Advance

• 1 month later...

i have heard of this before - now i don't know a lot about this but there is a relay (or something similar) that you can fit. i think this is more for whilst you are towing but it must take in to consideration the tow bar when not towing. best bet try a few car spears/auto electricians thet will be able to advise you better.

• 2 weeks later...

When a toyota towbar is fitted to a car with the TPA400 kit fitted there is an optional switch that can be fitted to turn the sensors on/off. I think it is only £7 or so. Very easy to fit.

But if the towbar you have is fitted with the large plate behind it (to stop any bumper damage) the only way you will get the sensors to not pick it up/beep continuously is to remove the plate completely.

Thanks

Martin

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links