Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Reccomendations?

funkyg

Hi guys,

Rather than hijack the previous thread I thought I'd better start my own.

The warranty has now expired on my car so I no longer have to have it serviced in a garage.

To save some money I'm going to do my own basic serving (oil plugs filters etc).

Can anyone reccomend a good oil for me?

Mine's a 2001 2.0 vvti. (1az-fse) It is just touching 90K miles, so it's probably too late to switch over to full synthetic. I know from the owners manual it needs to be 5W30, but it's been so long since I've done any servicing, I don't know which brand oils are any good.

Cheers.

Mike.

Hi guys,

Rather than hijack the previous thread I thought I'd better start my own.

The warranty has now expired on my car so I no longer have to have it serviced in a garage.

To save some money I'm going to do my own basic serving (oil plugs filters etc).

Can anyone reccomend a good oil for me?

Mine's a 2001 2.0 vvti. (1az-fse) It is just touching 90K miles, so it's probably too late to switch over to full synthetic. I know from the owners manual it needs to be 5W30, but it's been so long since I've done any servicing, I don't know which brand oils are any good.

Cheers.

Mike.

I have exactly the same car / year. I get my oil and filter changed every 10,000 to 12,000 miles at National Tyres. They use Magnatec and it usually costs me about £21. Not worth doing it myself for that kind of money. Every couple of years I get a full service at a trusted local garage. Not had any problems so far. :)

I have exactly the same car / year. I get my oil and filter changed every 10,000 to 12,000 miles at National Tyres. They use Magnatec and it usually costs me about £21. Not worth doing it myself for that kind of money. Every couple of years I get a full service at a trusted local garage. Not had any problems so far. :)

Cheers Dave, good tip.

21 quid using Magnatec? **** that is a hell of a bargain! Halfords want 25 quid just for a 5L bottle of Magnatec.

I'll deffo give them a try.

Looking at your avatar, mine's black too! Mine is the saloon though.

Mike

Cheers Dave, good tip.

21 quid using Magnatec? **** that is a hell of a bargain! Halfords want 25 quid just for a 5L bottle of Magnatec.

I'll deffo give them a try.

Looking at your avatar, mine's black too! Mine is the saloon though.

Mike

Ah but yours is the CDX, mine's only the GLS. :) Can't fault the car though, had it for 3 years now and apart from usual oil changes, 1 full service and the usual tyres / pads it's not cost me anything. Passed last two MOT's with no problems, 3rd MOT is due in a couple of weeks (GULP). :( Just so happens I'm getting oil changed again next week. Tried yesterday but National Tyres had run out of oil! :angry: Quoted me £22 this time but I also have a £5 off voucher. :)

140014.jpg

Toyota Motor Oil Api SL Sae 5W-30 (4 liters: 08880-81015 - 20 liters: 08880-81013).

nofear.gif

Alberto.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links